Best Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon in the USA?

Hi. When I was 19, I had a nose job the doctor gave me a small short and pointy tip. I need revision and I would like to come to the USA before I make the journey to America.

I need to find out how risky is it? I have seen some before and after photos of some doctors but not sure who is the best doctor in America. I need to know the doctors and whose work is the best. PLEASE HELP

Most highly regarded Rhinolasty Surgeons?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You cannot go wrong with Dean Toriumi (Chicago), J. Regan Thomas (Chicago), Rick Davis (Florida East Coast), Jack Gunter (Texas), Peter Adamson (Toronto), Toby Mayer (Beverly Hills), and Rod Rohrich (Texas).  All have a wealth of experience and specialize in revision Rhinoplasty.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Revision Rhinoplasty surgeon

I would chose Dr. Jack Gunter, in Dallas, Texas for any revision rhinoplasty. Google his name to send him an e-mail. Best of Luck!

There is no "best"

"Best" will be up to you.  Your happiness with any result is a combination of surgical skill, but also interaction with the surgeon, goals, realism about the potential for additional surgery, and soon.  Your nose has been overshortened, which means that you need lengthening, more bridge height (those are related),  and reduction of nostril visibility.  In my hands, this would probably take two operations, about a year apart.  There are limits to what can be accomplished.  That is why an excellent surgeon-patient relationship is paramount.

Find a surgeon whose results you like--as long as they are noses like yours--and someone you trust..

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty Should Involve Careful Planning and Grafting Techniques

Unfortunately you are in good company. Most rhinoplasty patients out there are very unhappy with their results in 1-2 years. The explanation for this is very simple: Most surgeons performing rhinoplasty do not have advanced training or experience, they perform the rhinoplasty of 50 years ago. Decades ago thought process of rhinoplasty was to remove cartilage to refine the shape of the nose and perform it through an open approach. An open approach makes it easy for neophyte surgeons to access visualize and manipulate the structures but also unnecessarily destroys two arteries and veins that are important for nasal vascularity. The open approach thus ensures that patients have 1-2 years of risidual swelling which hides the final result. Most rhinoplasties out there I consider cartilage robbing thus when the swlling resolves there is inadequate structure to provide aesthetic appearance and fight the cicatriacial forces or the continued scarring that results from the lowered oxygen tension and fibrosis of tissues. One additional problem it that most rhinoplasty surgeons out there inadvertently break the connection between the bony nose and the cartilagenous nose. this can cause irregular narrowing and what we calll "the inverted V deformity" which means the outline of the nasal bone becomes visible through the skin particularly in flash photography under certain lighting conditions.

In my opinion, an expert level rhinoplasty is always performed in a closed technique and ALWAYS involves grafting to add to the structural integrity of the nose. The act of opening the nose even under the closed technique causes healing and some contraction, thus for a long term beautiful result the nose must be left more structurally sound than it was found. This is missed upon most rhinoplasty surgeons.

In secondary cases such as yours it is even more crucial that sound grafting techniques are used.  Definitely do not consider any rhinoplasty procedure that does not include grafting preferably by an experienced Plastic and reconstructive training with ddition fellowship level craniofacial and aesthetic training. Of course this is my bias because it is my training but I think this level of training is very necessary for success in secondary and tertiary rhinoplasty because there is delicate nuance involved and every patient requires different maneuvers. I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Revision Rhinoplasty in the United States

I would encourage you to consult with Jack Gunter or Rod Rohrich in Dallas, TX. They both do a large volume of revision rhinoplasty procedures and both see out of town patients. I have spent a significant amount of time with both surgeons and both are great. Coming from such a long way you would have the ability to see both in Dallas to limit travel time and expense.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Best revision rhinoplasty surgeon

I'd cast my vote for Jack Gunter, MD in Dallas.  I have personal experiences with him that make me give this vote of utmost confidence. 

The best revision rhinoplasty surgeon

There are many good reputable revision rhinoplasty experts in the United States. I certainly would go to one who has done many primary and revision rhinoplasties and where that is a major part of their practice. Since you are flying from overseas, you might want one where there is an accessible city like Chicago, New York, Houston, Texas. I would recommend Dr. Dean Toriumi in Chicago, Dr. Minas Constanides in New York City and Dr. Russell Kridel in Houston, Texas. Since you are coming from overseas Australia that might be the easiest place to get in and out of. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Rhinoplasty surgeon in USA

There is no such thing as "The Best". With internet access, you have the opportunity to find experienced surgeons, evaluate their aesthetic tastes and see surgical results. Then you can schedule consultations with a limited number of revision rhinoplasty surgeons - a face to face discussion will help you make your final decision.

Best Revision Rhinoplasty surgeon in the USA?

Hi Kazim,

There are many excellent revision rhinoplasty surgeons in the USA. 

I would consider Dean Toriumi, MD in Chicago, Illinois one of the world's foremost revision rhinoplasty surgeons.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best revision rhinoplasty surgeon in the US.

Those of us who have been doing revision rhinoplasty for 30 years all think we are the best. Interview several surgeons and ask what each would do to revise your nose. Look at their work and pick the one YOU like the best.