I'm interested in a third revision rhinoplasty. Can someone recommend the best rhinplasty revision surgeons in the U.S? I need a doctor who is good at fixing crooked noses.
Revision Rhinoplasty Specialist ~ Best in the US?
Doctor Answers 16
How to find a Revision Rhinoplasty specialist
I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO here are the steps that you might consider taking at this time for what would be the 4th Rhinoplasty:
- Find the most experienced Rhinoplasty surgeons near you
- Have in person consultations for evaluation and recommendations....there's no substitute, at this point, for an in person nasal examination to determine the status of the nasal structure, skin and blood supply that will influence what is capable during the next Rhinoplasty.
- Chasing asymmetry, crooked or otherwise, as the sole purpose of continued Rhinoplasty is often ill advised and IMHO can lead to disaterous scarring, skin slough and structure support to the nose.
The better question is: how do I find the best surgeon for me?
You can do your homework by visiting different doctor's websites, seeing before and after photos, and speaking with or meeting with your prospective surgeon.
Revision Rhinoplasty Requires a Revision Rhinoplasty Specialist
Rhinoplasty is often considered the most difficult procedure in plastic surgery. While most facial plastic surgeons and plastic surgeons are trained to do rhinoplasty, many have discontinued performing rhinoplasty in their practices because of the difficulty in attaining consistent results. Revision rhinoplasty is even more challenging and even fewer surgeons routinely perform significant numbers of revision rhinoplasty.
For success in revision rhinoplasty, it is imperative that patients find a revision rhinoplasty specialist who has the experience to correct both the functional and cosmetic deformities resulting from previous nasal surgery. Meet with more than one or two rhinoplasty specialists to get a better understanding of what surgery would involve and how they would correct it.
You might also like...
There are many great rhinoplasty surgeons in the US. The best advice I can give you includes:
- Research Websites -- this will give you a lot of info on the doctors training, before and after pics as well as an opportunity to send your pics for computer imaging.
- Speak to 1 or 2 of the doctors patients.
- Feel comfortable with the doctor you choose.
- The surgeon should have Board Certification with the one of following boards ABFPRS, AB-OTO-HNS or ABPS.
Best of Luck,
Revision rhinoplasty in Michigan
The answer to your question is find someone in your region that lists rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty as their top 2 procedures on their website. Anyone that deviates from this is not an expert. Have multiple consults and visits with the individual that most suits your personality, and more importantly, can adequately describe in detail what they would do and how they would attack your particular issue is critical. If this matches your concerns, without you having to state it, then you've found your match. Rhinoplasty and especially revision rhinoplasty is far more an ART than a science.
Revision Rhinoplasty Specialist
There is no best surgeon for everyone. Every surgeon has good and bad results.
The qualities you should search for:
1) Someone with whom you feel comfortable. Someone who is attentive and has the same goals.
2) Someone who has experience with revision nose surgery.
3) Someone who gives you reasonable expectations. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
Best revision rhinoplasty surgeon
Finding a surgeon is like finding a mate. There are a lot of options, and you have to find someone who works for you.
There are certain objective questions to ask. How many revisions do they do? How many rhinoplasties do they do? Do they have pictures? Do they have references that you can talk to?
Now you need to also find a surgeon who is thorough, complete, and talks to you. You should be able to have candid conversations with your surgeon and have a feeling that you mesh with and trust your surgeon.
I recently operated on a patient that had had 4 prior rhinoplasties. We actually did 7 consultations before we went to the operating room. This allowed both of to be completely comfortable with each other. It also allowed me to completely understand all of her expectations. Now, we are both satisfied with the results!
Rhinoplasty revision specialist
This is an easy question to answer,.......First then surgeon must be a rhinoplasty specialist........Second he\she must have extensive experience in revision rhinoplasty work and lots of pictures of results. Many excellent rhinoplasty surgeons by preference don't do revision work, so the number of experienced rhinoplasty surgeons with revision experience(extensive) is minimal; but thats who you need to find.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.