What can I do about my Undefined, Weak Jaw?

I absolutely hate my side profile and it's been a major focus for me for years now. I feel like I don't have any 'angle' under my chin / my neck seems to blend in. I'm not sure what treatment I would benefit from but I'd like to seriously consider having this corrected so I can get on with my life confidently. There is zero definition around the top part of my jaw by my ears & I hate smiling in photos or lifting my head as I feel like I lose any kind of jaw. Any help appreciated!

Doctor Answers 2

Weak Jaw

Hi Blueyellow13,

Since there are no front view photos, it is hard to judge whether jaw and chin implants will be good for you, however, if you really want a stronger, more define jaw angle, a jaw implant and conservative chin augmentation procedure are procedures that can help.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

What can I do about my Undefined, Weak Jaw?

 Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.