Can jaw implants make you look younger?

Guys like brad pitt and tom cruise have great jawlines and that's why I think they look young for their age. I'm not too old so I'm thinking about the future here. Will my face age better with jaw implants?

Chin and jaw implants can give support to facial features

Chin and jaw implants give definition, structure and support to the face. As one ages, people with less support have the facial tissues fall down just like things fall off a shelf. In my experience, people with stronger facial features age better as the tissues are better supported. *Opinions stated here are only opinions. They are not based on a clinical exam, which is recommended.

Chin Implant

Thank you for your question. A strong distinct jawline is attractive in males because it looks masculine and balances out the face. The aging process may not look as apparent with a stronger chin/jawline because the skin might not sag as much as it would with a weak chin. If you are interested in a chin implant or even just want information on the procedure for yourself you should seek at board certified plastic surgeon. They can help you decided what would be best for you and even help you get an idea of what the implant result will look like with computer imaging. Wish you all the best,Dr. Henry Mentz 

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Jaw Implants

Adding structural support to the face does help delay skin sagging particularly along the jawline since this is the step off into the neck area. But besides adding tissue support a stronger jawline is a desirable asset at any age for both men and women.

Facial implants

That is a great question and I would say that for some people it can be an excellent option! If a person has a weak, or non-prominent chin/jaw line, an implant can accomplish balance and give the neck a more youthful, defined appearance. I would encourage you to consult with different Board Certified plastic surgeons and find someone you feel comfortable with to achieve your goals. Best Wishes!

Facial implants and youthful look

It is quite possible. You need to have in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Can jaw implants make you look younger?

Hi, based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 
     I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
A more angular jaw line will make your face more handsome, which can be perceived as more youthful.Hope this helps.