Will the doctor be able to shift my broken nose correctly in this time frame? (photo)

I may have broken my nose. Swelling has gone and my nose seems to have shifted to the left. The accident occurred on the 10th of March and my appointment with the E&T is on the 28th March.

Will the doctor be able to shift my broken nose correctly in this time frame?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Reset a broken nose from nasal trauma

The nose can be reset at any time after the injury. If possible, it's best to try to repair it in the first 2 weeks after the injury. 

Is it too late to fix my broken nose?

It is usually best to try and reduce a nasal fracture within ten days of the trauma. Once it gets beyond 10 days the bones start to set and it is difficult to get a clean reduction. Once this occurs, it is best to wait about 12 months before trying to correct it. 

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timeframe for reduction of broken nose

2 weeks is a little long.  I would try to get in sooner and you need your procedure done within the next few days

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

?Nasal fx now more than 2 weeks old

With a potential nasal fracture now mroe than 2 weeks old, it may not be amenable to reduction becuase the bones may have set.