Do I have Septal Hematoma? (photos)

Having recently been assaulted, shortly after it happened i noticed a slight change in the shape of my nose, so after examining it myself I noticed a red bump had formed inside my left nostril. Originally I thought that my septum was deviated so I decided to get it looked at by a specialist. However, the specialist examined the exterior and interior of my nose and said that it was just swelling of the septum that would heal naturally within a month. I'm now extremely worried, please help

Do I have Septal Hematoma?

Greetings

Thank you for your question.  I would suggest you see an ENT specialist as a matter of urgency so that he can examine the inside of your nose with a nasoendoscope. A septal deviation would be very firm, while a hematoma would be a little spongy.

Do I have Septal Hematoma?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Greetings

Septal Hematoma

Sorry to hear this happened. Based on your photos, I would get a second opinion if you can. While it certainly could be a deviation of your septum, if it is a septal hematoma, you want to make sure this is addressed. A septal deviation would be very firm, while a hematoma would be a little spongy. Good luck!

Septal Hematoma

Do I have a septal hematoma?

I can see the redness within the nose from the picture you have posted. In order to make a definitive diagnosis, you would need to be examined properly. I would suggest you see an ENT specialist as a matter of urgency so that he can examine the inside of your nose with a nasoendoscope.
Kind regards

Do I have a septal hematoma?

Kind regards