My jaws are very weak and I would like to know what will improve my side and front profiles? (photos)

I'm 18, and I have become really insecure about my profile. My relaxed face always looks sad and my smile looks 'creepy'. I had braces for 2 years and 2 extractions. I often have pain and stiffness (TMD, I think) around my left jaw. My nose also looks way to big for my face. Additionally, I feel my nasolabial folds are more visible than others in my age group. I want to know how to improve it and how will the procedures improve it? Costs?

Candidate for chin implant

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation. Web reference (A link

Jaws are very weak and I would like to know what will improve my side and front profiles?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help with the evaluation. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. Rhinoplasty can refine the nasal size and shape.

Hope this helps.

My jaws are very weak and I would like to know what will improve my side and front profiles?

Hello Twinkle1234,
Thanks for your question.
Most patients who've had braces and extractions have some level of imbalance between the upper and lower face segments.
You are no different.
The most obvious area of disharmony is in the area of your jawline and small chin.  If you teeth fit normally after the orthodontic treatment, then a chin implant procedure would be a great option to rebalance your small jaw.
If you are bothered by the nasolabial folds, a conservative amount of injectable filler could be used to soften any heavy lines or folds.
If after these two procedures, you still feel that your nose is too big, then a reductive rhinoplasty could be used to reduce and reposition the nose to create more harmony on profile view.
I would recommend that you consult with a facial surgery specialist for more information.
Costs would run in the $4000-5000 range.
If you add a rhinoplasty procedure, you will add another $6000-10,000 to the cost.
I've included a link to a video on how to choose a good plastic surgeon.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Your nose is not too big.
Its your very small chin that throws your face off balance.
You need more projection and width to the chin.
Implants are made to correct both the width and projection.
There is nothing wrong with your nasolabial folds.
You would have to ask a local surgeon for costs.
Here it would be in the US$5,000 range.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Improve profile.

Chin augmentation will make a great improveent in your overall facial appearance. Have that done first before doing anything else. You may not want or nedd more. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon