Is my chin too short? (Photos)

The prominence is ok from profile, but I worry that my jaw is too small and chin area too short from the frontal view. Do you think I'd benefit from having implants/fillers to increase the vertical length of my chin?

Candidate for chin implant

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation. Web reference (A link

Chin height too short?

Based on your two photos your chin height/length appears normal such that an implant or fillers wouldn't be necessary.

Chin implants don't really increase the vertical height of the chin. A sliding genioplasty can address this though.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Chin proportions

Based on your photos you appear to have normal chin proportion from both front and profile and do not need a chin implant.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Is my chin too short?

From the 2 limited photographs, it appears that the chin is normal in appearance and a chin implant is not required. Chin implants are placed for patient to have a weak and recessive chin profile, or desire to add width. Chin implants are really not designed to give vertical height to the chin, since the chin and the implants are both 3-dimensional structures. For more information, diagrams of the implants and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Good chin

Your chin does not seem to need sugmsntation. Perhaps a rhinoplasty could poditively change your facial proportionds. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is my chin too short?

HI, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is aesthetically proportioned in both projection and the vertical length which means you would not benefit from a chin augmentation. The cheeks however, are flat anteriorly (in the front) which makes the face appear elongated and oval in shape.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Hope this helps.