I had open rhinoplasty 7 weeks ago to remove a dorsal hump; will I need a revision?

I had open rhinoplasty 7 weeks ago to remove a dorsal hump which I hated on side view and also oblique. My surgeon also narrowed my nose to prevent open roof and placed spreder grafts. I am quite happy with my side view which fairly smooth but my front view appear so wide and almost appears wider than pre op. I understand that swelling can take up to a year to go down but the sides of my nose are hard As bone. He did say I had a Very prominent nasal vault. Do I need revision? Will I have to pay

Do I Need a Revision?

It is very frustrating for patients to be patient in regard to swelling!  Your result looks most pleasing.  The swelling is normal and I urge you to wait and to speak to your surgeon about any concerns. 

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Congratulations on a nice early rhinoplasty result. You appear to have less than the average amount of swelling post rhinoplasty. In time, you will certainly appreciate further improvements and refinements of your nose. At this point, I doubt you will need to consider a revision procedure. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and allow yourself plenty of time to recover completely before making plans for additional surgery. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon