Nose job - I absolutely hate my nose. It's like a bird beak on my face. (photos)

I've had a nose job in the past to straighten out the hump but it's now not nice at the tip. What could be done to improve it?

Revision Rhinoplasty for Nasal Deformity

You are correct in your personal assessment regarding your nasal appearance. From the limited photos, your nose overall appears too long, the supra-tip dorsum is too high and full and your nasal tip remains overprojected with prominent infra tip lobule. Fortunately, in my view, your desired image shown is achievable with a revision rhinoplasty procedure through an open approach. 

You case will require significant expertise by whomever you choose for your contemplated revision rhinoplasty. Please search for and consult with the most experienced and reputable Facial Plastic Surgeon with special interest in revision cases for his/her recommendations. Your situation will require advanced techniques and meticulous surgery to achieve your aesthetic goal. Best of luck in your search. You do not have to settle for the status quo and I commend you for seeking answers for improvement. 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hi there and thanks for posting.

I agree with your assessment that your nasal tip has not been adequately treated. It is not in balance with the dorsum of your nose.

It is difficult to assess from your photos but it would appear that your tip is too long in relation to the dorsum of your nose, making it look pointy. I also wonder if your tip needs to be turned up a touch to give you a better relationship to your upper lip.

You need to see a rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss your surgical options. It is definitely fixable, but the approach will depend on what was done in your first operation.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes

Richard

Nose tip

Hi there.  Thanks for the question.  You have what is called a tip configuration issue. This means the tip cartilages are in the wrong position and need correcting.

This is achievable with another rhinoplasty, and involves flattening and rotating the tip cartilages towards the shape you desire. At the very least you will need a face to face consultation with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon.

You will need surgery for this. I hope this helps.

Peter Callan, MBBS
Geelong Plastic Surgeon