Flick lift? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 25
However, there are effective non-surgical options for you. I would recommend Ulthera if you are looking for something with no downtime, or Profound if you could tolerate some downtime. Ulthera is an ultrasound based energy that heats the underlying tissue and stimulates collagen in response. Profound is a radio frequency microneedling device that allows for the creation of Elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid and hence restores some of the lost elasticity in the face. It has more visible downtime with the possibility of some swelling and bruising that diminishes in about a weeks time.
Dermal fillers may also give you more cheek (mid face) definition and soften the jowls to a lesser degree than surgery, but create a nice contrast. Based on the photos, you would also be a great candidate for Sculptra and this may help soften some of the facial volume hollowing in the cheeks and outer face.
I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who has the portfolio of non-surgical options in your area who can help explain the treatment options for you and the limitations of each option, both surgical and non-surgical.
What is a FlickLift?
I hope you find this helpful. Best wishes!
Consult with a Board Certified Fellowship Trained Facial Plastic Surgery Specialist.
"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."
Thank you for your question. As we age, skin becomes looser. Underlying tissues (fascia and fat pads) also sag. Excess tissue adversely affects the jawline and neck as the development of wrinkles, creases and sagging becomes more visible. A facelift is designed to remove excess skin and reposition deeper tissues for a smoother, firmer contour. The procedure targets the mid and lower thirds of the face (a brow lift and eyelid lift target the upper third). A dramatic improvement can be achieved in smoothing away the creases and sagging tissues that exist in the areas of your cheeks, around the mouth, along the jawline (jowls) and neck. If you are concerned about how aging has affected any of these areas, then a facelift may be right for you.
A good facelift candidate will have :
- Realistic expectations
- The goal of looking like yourself, but younger
- Relatively good health, both physically and psychologically
- A stable and healthy weight
- No underlying health conditions that may make surgery risky
- A good understanding of the facelift procedure, as well as its related risks
- The ability to stop smoking for a few weeks before and after surgery, to minimize complications with healing
I recommend that you contact a board certified Plastic Surgeon who's before and after photos appeal to you, then set up a consultation to discuss your options for rejuvenation.
All the best.
You might also like...
Jowls! How to improve?
Having a 'flick lift'
- Your surgeon seems to have invented a name for a face lift.
- If it is done in 3 hours under local anesthesia, it is probably a MACS lift -
- This is a suture suspension face lift popular in Europe.
- Your photo suggests you may have considerable descent to facial tissues -
- A standard face lift, possibly with a mid-face lift or cheek implant might be a better approach.
- Since this surgeon is describing something you can't research - I suggest a second opinion from another qualified and respected surgeon before booking surgery.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
Flick lift? what is the medical term for that?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.