Can I get Botox in my masseters while undergoing Invisalign treatment?

I'm halfway through my course of Invisalign to straighten my teeth and am really interested to get Botox for my masseters to reduce my square jawline for my wedding. Will the Botox affect my Invisalign treatment or would it be advisable to get Botox after completion of my Invisalign treatment? Thank you.

Thank you for your question. Having Botox for the masseters (smile lines) should not affect your Invisalign treatment. Always be sure to have masseter treatment done by an expert with much knowledge of facial anatomy. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox

Hi,

Botox in masseter should be fine to perform. It is unlikely to affect your invisalign treatment.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question. Botox into the masseter muscle only has effect on the muscle injected, therefore will not interfere at all with your Invisalign treatment. It is ok to do simultaneously.

Neil Sadick, MD

Botox, masseters, and invisalign - a safe combination

Botox can atrophy (in other words, shrink) the masseter muscle when injected in relatively large volumes compared to what is used to treat wrinkles.  It should be perfectly safe for you to have Botox injections while continuing your invisalign treatment.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question. This should not be a problem. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox in the masseters while undergoing Invisalign

Hello and thank you for the question.

Botox in the masseters while undergoing Invisalign is not a problem and will not affect your Invisalign treatment. As others have noted, there is no contraindication. Hope this helps and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Botox while having Invisalign?

Hello feliss,

Thank you for your question and sharing your concerns. Rest assured there is no contraindication to you proceeding with Botox while simultaneously having Invisalign treatments. Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials!

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Masseter Botox while getting Invisalign

Botox in the masseter muscles helps with TMJ and with slimming enlarged muscles. It can be done safely when getting Invisalign

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox in the Masseter Muscle

Treating the masseter muscles with Botox or other neurotoxin should not effect the process of Invisaline.  Botox injections into the masseter muscle can help to slenderize the jaw and reduce bruxism (grinding).

All the best!

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Botox to masseters

Thanks for your question. Botox is injected into the masseter muscles over a series of weeks to cause them to atrophy which slims the face. It is totally safe to have this done while you're having invisalign. Best wishes on your wedding.

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon