Too much Gyno Glands taken out? (Photo)

22 days ago, I had gyno surgery, glands removed from both sides, surgeon told me 180 grams from one side and 200 grams on the other side was removed, he said there was no need for lipo as there was hardly no fat there. Recovery is going very well. However i have creators both sides, and i feel very down. I been in touch with Transform UK, and they said the surgeon will see me in 3 months. Basically left 3 months to wonder whats going to happen to my chest What can be done to these?

Indentations Following Gynecomastia Surgery

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process after gynecomastia surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible the indentations can be addressed with cosmetic filler(s) if eligible. 

Too much taken out?

Thank you for your questions and photos.  There are contour irregularities of both sides of your chest, but it is impossible to determine at this stage whether this is due to the post-operative swelling (most likely) or excess removal of tissue (less likely).  Without an exam it is also impossible to give you a more comprehensive opinion/answer to your question.  If you are unable to schedule an appointment with the performing surgeon so that you can ask questions, I would advise you to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  I typically recommend a moderately aggressive massage program to my patients at this stage in their recovery.  This assists in resolution of the swelling and softens the scar tissue leading to a more rapid recovery. Best wishes!

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Too much Gyno Glands taken out?

Most likely not enough fatty tissue removed around the gland. Wait for the swelling to resolve and have a better understanding of what needs to be done next. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

22 days after surgery

is a bit early to be able to assess final result.  It will likely take at least 3 months for swelling to subside and skin to contract.  Everything you see should slowly start to improve.

Tim Neavin, MD