How long after ostoplasty can I swim in pool/ocean?

I am only having one ear pinned back I am wondering how long after I would be able to go on holiday and swim with no pain or problems?

Swimming After Otoplasty

It is always wise to follow the instructions of your plastic surgeon.  I usually tell my patients to refrain from swimming of any kind for several weeks after this surgery.  This is because of the danger of infection contracted in the pool, ocean or even bathtub water.  It is always best to be safe, rather than rushing things and ending up sorry. Good luck with your search.

Swimming after otoplasty

I would always check with your surgeon to determine what the correct amount of time that they suggests is.  I suggest around 10 days before swimming in a pool or ocean.  The reason being exposure of bacteria to an area that is still heaing, or even the unpredictability of the ocean or people around you.  This is a sensitive area that is still healing.  I hope this helps.  

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op otoplasty care

Certainly you need to follow your surgeon's post op instructions and continue your follow up care. Barring any post op wound issues or unusual circumstances, I usually allow water activities two weeks post op. Avoiding trauma during the early post op period is essential to an uneventful recovery. Be cautious and gentle .Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon