Uneven tip after 4 months Rhinoplasty. Is this swelling or not? (photos)

My tip is getting oneven. In the first 3 months there was nothing wrong at all. I had a bump only and with massage it was gone. But now i just can see the asymetry on my nose tip. Is this swelling or not?

Uneven Tip 4 Months After Rhinoplasty

It would be premature to judge the shape of your tip just 4 months following surgery. Your nose is still swollen and will continue to evolve and refine in shape for several months to come. That said,  I do see that the right nostril rim is flattened and retracted upward.  A retracted nostril rim will cause the tip to appear asymmetric. Many times these deformities are present prior to surgery and they can be difficult to fully correct . Share your concerns with your physician and ask what can be done if the problem persists. Be patient and don't rush to judgement. Give the nose adequate time to heal. Best wishes.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with 4 months a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Possible Swelling

Since you are only 4 months post op, it is likely that you have swelling causing the uneven tip, Follow up with your surgeon to confirm.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD