Extreme pain with diastasis recti. Any suggestions?

I am a 55 year old male. For many years I always thought I had a hernia. I finally was at a gastro doc a few months ago that said no you have diastasis recti. extremely painful. is there a way to code this that insurance can and will pay for the procedure? Thanks Craig

Ive had other patients complain of this as well, but I have not found a patient who is approved by insurance for repair.  They view this as a cosmetic concern since there is no hernia, which is necessary to fix since bowel can get stuck in the hernia defect and cause issue.  I suggest if it bothers you, you have it repairs by a BS Plastic Surgeon.  

It does not sound like you have seen a surgeon yet. Best to do that and get the surgeon's advice on insurance coverage. It sounds like it will probably be likely.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD