I have recently lost a lot of weight. As a result my neck looks awful! (Photo)

What would be the best way to correct this problem, the saggy skin.

Saggy Neck

You could have a neck lift procedure performed. This will remove the excess skin and tighten up the muscle for long lasting results. There are non-surgical options like laser treatments but you will still have some extra skin.

Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower face and neck lift

From this photo, it seem like you would get a great result with a lower face and neck lift. An in person exam would be needed to come up with the best treatment plan. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in facial aesthetics. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes. 
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #lowerfaceandnecklift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Neck Post Weight Loss

First and foremost, congrats on losing the weight. You will be much healthier and happier going forward. The unfortunate consequence of this achievement is increased sagging skin (and muscle) of the neck and jawline. Having tested numerous non-invasive technologies in the past, I'm confident to state that the only true way to make a real significant improvement in your concern is to have a lower facelift/neck lift. This procedure will address (by tightening) both the sagging muscles (platysma and SMAS layer) and skin in addition to removing any left over fat in the neck area. The wonderful news is that there are some surgeons out in the community who can perform these procedures under local anesthesia in an office-based setting (as we do). This makes it safe and cost-effective as well. I would suggest interviewing 2-3 physicians to see who you make a connection with, as well as to learn how many of these specific procedures they perform on a regular basis. Repetition matters, as well as being sure they are board certified in either facial or general plastic surgery. Best to you!

Paul Lanfranchi, DO, FAOCO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift for Sagging Loose Skin of the Neck

Thank you for your question about Neck Lift. It is best to evaluation the amount of loose skin in person.

You best option(s) likely include one of the following:

• Facelift
  • Neck Lift or Lower Facelift

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Necklift

Thank you for your question. I suggest you consider the Laser Assisted Weekend Necklift which utilizes liposculpture, neck lifting, and laser resurfacing to shrink the excess tissues and skin of the neck to restore taut jaw and neckline. Incisions are made behind each ear and under the chin to ensure that the scars are unnoticeable. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Tightening

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your post weight loss concerns. Surgical methods such as a neck lift will provide the gold standard and most dramatic results. There are non surgical methods available such as ThermiRF and Ultherapy that can provide improvement to mild laxity or non surgical candidates. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

I have recently lost a lot of weight. As a result my neck looks awful

I think a surgical neck lift is going to be the most effective and reliable option for you. Fillers and non-invasive techniques will not be enough

Julio Garcia, MD

I have recently lost a lot of weight. As a result my neck looks awful!

Congratulations on your weight loss. However, as you have noted, your face has deflated, leaving loose skin under your chin and on your neck. You should be a candidate for face/necklift, as long as there are no contraindicating factors in your medical situation. I would discourage you from looking at nonsurgical modalities; these are highly unlikely to provide significant improvement given the degree of skin laxity I see in your photo. All the best.

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- VASER Hi Def Liposuction/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport

You are in need of a neck/face lift. There are alternatives like VASER/ Thermi or Thermage/Ultherapy. However, they will do very little. I suggest consulting with an expert to discuss your treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer.

Needs treatment

Some treatment such as a necklift (surgery) will help the most.
Lesser treatments such as Precison TX will help also and is a "lesser" treatment.