Juvederm and Voluma. Are they compatible? Can Juvederm be used on top of Voluma?

I had Voluma injected for mid cheek volume in 2013. Doctor used Juvaderm for the touch up a year later and I had a bad outcome. Iv now heard since that the two products should not be used together.

Volume enhancement with Voluma

Voluma is an excellent midface volume enhancer and can be used together with Juvederm on the face. Both are made of hyaluronic acid and are compatible. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Juvederm and Voluma compatibility

Juverderm and Voluma are both hyaluronic acid dermal fillers produced  by Allergan and are definitely compatible. Voluma is the preferable filler for volume loss and is created using Vycross technology. Results typically last longer with Voluma and it is specifically designed to restore lost volume to the cheeks, chin, and jawline for a more youthful appearance.

Juvederm and Voluma

Yes, Voluma and Juvederm are compatable and can be used together.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and certified providers for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have the procedure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Voluma and Juvederm together

Juvederm Voluma and Juvederm are completely compatible with each other.  Voluma is a fantastic filler for mid face volume.  I often use two or more fillers for different areas of the face in the same patient.  Juvederm and Voluma can definitely be used in the same patient and even layered in the same area.  I am sorry bout your bad outcome.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Voluma and other cosmetic fillers.

Voluma is a product made by Juvederm and yes these products are compatible as they are all hyaluronic acids.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm and Voluma Compatibility

Juvederm Ultra and Voluma are both hyaluronic acid  dermal fillers from Allergan. For a complete look, I frequently combine the two products for different areas of the face. However, they are different products and typically I would touch up voluma with voluma.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Juvederm and Voluma - are they compatible?

Juvederm Ultra and UltraPlus and Juvederm Voluma are all members of Allergan's hyaluronic acid (HA) filler family. As they are all the same material, and vary only in terms of viscosity and lift, they are very compatible and are often used together in complementary fashion. All of these HA fillers are extremely biocompatible and are very safe and well tolerated. Furthermore, they are "reversible" with enzyme injection making them perhaps the most used fillers in the world today. Patients need to understand that the choice of the injector is more important than the choice of a filler. Be sure to see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist (or certified injector under their direct supervision).

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and Juvederm

Dear Kwj2014,

It is perfectly acceptable to use Voluma and Juvderm together. They are very similar (hyaluronic acid fillers) and often compliment each other. Voluma has more of a lifting effect and should be injected slightly deeper into the tissue. In our practice, Voluma, Juvederm and Radiesse (calcium based filler) are all used together to bring out the best result. It is highly technique dependent so seek out an experienced injector in your area.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Voluma

Both Juvederm Ultra/Ultra Plus and Juvederm Voluma XC are hyaluronic acid fillers made by Allergan.  They are commonly used together and are often complementary.  There are absolutely no concerns about compatibility. What is most important with these fillers is who injects them:  see a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist, Plastic Surgeon, or Occuloplastic Surgeon.  Generally speaking, if one were to require a touch up after Voluma for purposes of facial volume, more Voluma would be added.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Voluma. Are they compatible?

Juvederm Voluma and Juvederm Ultra Plus or Ultra are considered a "family of fillers" and are very compatible.  In fact, they are both made of the same material -- hyaluronic acid.  The structure of each is slightly different though.  Voluma is stronger and more long lasting, so it is often used for deep injections such as augmenting the cheek bones or mid-face.  Juvederm Ultra Plus or Ultra is a softer material and is meant to fill more superficial folds/ wrinkles of the face or for lip augmentation.  Both are formulated for different parts of the face, but there is some overlap.  Since they are made of the same material, it is highly unlikely that you will get a reaction to one but not the other.  Be sure you see a "core" injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or occuloplastic surgeon). This is because we all have a keen understanding of facial anatomy and the effects of injecting Botox/ Xeomin/ Dysport and fillers in different regions of the face. I wish you well!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon