What is the best fix for botched liposuction? (photo)

Hello.. I had liposuction done for the first time in dec 2012.. My tummy was ok but i wanted a little fat removed. That was the worst decision of my life! I now have dents and valleys and my tummy looks horrible.I have been to a few different doctors. One Said I needed a tummy tuck.I Def do not want a tummy tuck . The other said vapor lipo no fat grafting.. and another said fat grafting w lipo.Thank you so much in advance for any helpful advise!!

Liposuction revision in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in liposuction revision. I would consider our Hidef Liposuction Revision Protocol which includes liposuction, Liposonix, lipocavitation, skin tightening, and Ultherapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Contour irregularities created by laser assisted liposuction might not be able to be treated.

Without physical examination a specific recommendation can be made. All of those that you mention are certainly legitimate. If your original liposuction was assisted by a laser or ultrasound the condition is going to be very difficult to treat.

Liposuction that needs a revision

These are very disappointing results.  Vasor liposuction is what you are referring to in your sentence above.  This is an ultrasound assisted technique.  This can be used.  I also I understand the thought about a tummy tuck.  There are going to be varying opinions until you are seen and examined.

Fat grafting is a valuable tool in breast surgery. This technique has gained more popularity over the past 7 years. There are many techniques used to harvest the fat, process the fat and then re-inject the fat. Conventional suction lipectomy is performed with a small diameter cannula, processed by separating the liquid and fibrous tissue from the fat, and then placed into syringes for re-injection or through a closed system.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

A tummy tuck can be done as a solitary procedure. Many times the results are enhanced by adding liposuction to the hip and love handle area. A tummy tuck is also done in combination with a breast augmentation in a mommy makeover.

Dents

Thank you for the photos but an examination is really needed toakw an intelligent response

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Post Op Contour Irregularities

Thanks for posting your story and your pictures. Echoing the others - clearly an exam is needed to better address what going on and what may be needed to correct or improve the situation.

certainly contour deformities are a known complication of liposuction and sometimes additional liposuction or fat grafting can be used to correct or blend the irregularities.

a surgical approach (tummy tuck or otherwise) might provide a solution but it too has risks and benefits.

we're located in San Antonio and would be happy to meet with you but whatever you do - i suggest an honest blunt conversation with your prior surgeon as to what can be done to make this better for you

good luck

Michael A. Baumholtz, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon