How soon after a facelift, neck lift and upper and lower blepharoplasty (subcillary incision) can I get Fraxel Dual on face?

I am 4 weeks post-op. Still have minimal residual swelling on lateral face near my ears. I don't want to jeopardize my results or the health of my skin by having a procedure too soon.

Fraxel after facelift

Skin resurfacing techniques, like Fraxel, can be a great adjunct procedure following a facelift. 

The general rules are:
1.  Ablative laser resurfacing techniques can be used during the operative procedure, but the down time is significant because the skin is very red.
2.  Non-ablative procedures, like Fraxel or BBL for scar management, can start at 4-6 weeks after the facelift.

Would recommend asking your plastic surgeon and might consider waiting until your swelling has completely resolved.  

Fraxel after facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The general rules are:

Laser Resurfacing After Facelift

The correct answer to your question is that it really depends on the type of facelift you have undergone.  For instance, a subperiosteal facelift would theoretically allow you to have Fraxel skin resurfacing performed much earlier than an extended skinlift.  

However, the fact that you still have significant swelling on the lateral aspects of your face, where the blood supply and lymphatic drainage can be most tenuous, would argue that you should delay laser resurfacing for at least two to four weeks more.  If the plastic surgeon who performed the facelift is not the doctor performing the laser procedure, he should certainly be consulted before you move forward with this treatment.

Laser Resurfacing After Facelift

After an ablative process you want to wait about 3 months for circulation to return after your surgery.

About 3 months to be safe, since it is an ablative process you want to wait for circulation to return after your surgery.The circulation is needed for your skin to repair itself after the Fraxel procedure.

Laser resurfacing after facelift

I have performed hundreds of fractional resurfacings at the same time of a facelift without loss of a flap and I consider them safe to perform at the same time. I have actually presented in my academy a research paper about performing fractional resurfacing and facelift at the same time and treating the flap with fractional resurfacing. If you did not performed the resurfacing at the same time of the facelift, then I would recommend to wait some 4-6 weeks after the facelift to then consider the resurfacing.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz,
Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing after facelift

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz,

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

How soon can I get Fraxel Dual?

Depends on where you are in your recovery an what type of result you want, I often perform fractionated co2 laser at the same time as a facelift, so if you are having it over the areas of the skin that were not fully elevated than follow your Drs directions but I would say now is ok. Good luck!!

How soon can I get Fraxel Dual?

Laser treatment to the skin after a facelift.

I personally don't think the Fraxal is an effective tool but resurfacing of any kind is usually delayed for about six weeks after a facelift.

Fraxel after Facelift/Neck Lift/Blepharoplasty

At our practice, you can actually have them done at same time, however, if you want them separated we recommend waiting two weeks.

Typically, after a facelift, neck lift, and upper/lower blepharoplasty, we recommend waiting about 3-4 weeks after this type of surgery to do Fraxel Dual on your face. This gives the skin a chance to heal and also will help in the aid of circulation to the flapin the area that underwent the surgery.

Timing of laser resurfacing after facelift

Great question. In your case I would wait 3 months after your facelift to perform fractionated laser resurfacing. This will give adequate time for you to heal. 

Fraxel Restore after a Facelift

I routinely perform Fraxel restore laser skin resurfacing to all of my facelft incisions starting 4-6 weeks after surgery. Fraxel restore is a non-ablative laser for skin resurfacing and can be adjusted in power and intensity (density). Fraxel restore is indicated to help remodel the healing tissue of incisions and scars.
If the Fraxel is well tolerated on the incisions, a physician well-trained in the skin's response to laser treatments can determine when is the right time to treat the entire face.

Fraxel Restore after a Facelift