How often should I get Voluma Filler?

I'm thinking about getting Voluma Fillers in my cheekbones but I would like to know how often should I get it done to maintain my desired results?

Voluma Results are Long Lasting

One of the biggest benefits to Voluma is that the results are long lasting. Depending on the treatment area and how your body responds to the filler, the results can last 2 years. Hope this helps.

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

How often should I get Voluma?

Thank you for your question. Voluma can last up to 2 years; however, results vary from patient to patient. It would be beneficial to follow up with your injector around 18 months. I recommend you consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Maintain Voluma Cheekbones with Yearly/Bi-Yearly Touch Ups

Voluma lasts about 18 months on average when used to create higher or fuller cheekbones. However, individual results vary because each person metabolizes hyaluronic-acid based fillers differently. Consult with a board-certified dermatologist to find out how Voluma can help you enhance your facial structure.

Longevity of Voluma

What makes this injectable unique is its innovative vycross technology that was used to formulate Voluma, which allows it to provide more lift and last longer than any other dermal fillers – its benefits will be seen for up to two years following treatment. 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Voluma Can Last Between One and Two Years

Depending on your metabolism, you may be able to have continued good results with Voluma for anywhere from one to two years. Your own desires, plus the guidance of your dermatologist, will let you know when it is time for another treatment. As you will probably opt to re-treat before all of the Voluma has dissolved, you may need less of it to maintain the same effect. Please be sure to consult with a board-certified dermatologist to learn about how to get the most out of your Voluma treatments.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

How often should I get Voluma Filler?

Thanks so much for your question. With Voluma, as with other fillers, there can be a fair amount of individual variability in how long it will last. In general, Voluma can last up to 1-2 years. However, because it is gradually reducing over time, we typically re-treat at about 9-12 months for best results. Hope that helps!

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma - How Long Does it Last?

Thanks for your question!  Voluma can last up to two years when injected into the cheekbone area!  Everyone is different though - some people will need injections sooner.  Best of luck!

Voluma filling faces lasts longer than other fillers but in NYC my patients come back between 9 months and two years

Voluma lasts longer than other hyaluronic acid fillers. Clinically I have seen it start to deflate subtly around 6-9 months but patients are typically having more Voluma added to their face between 12 to 18 months. Very little remains after two years but I have seen its presence in some patients for more than two years, but certainly not with as much volume as was present initially.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. The amount of filler utilized on the patient depends on the patient's aesthetic desires, health profile and the corresponding recommendation from the surgeon. You can explore these questions more in your consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma in the Cheekbones

Fillers are wonderful in the cheekbones to give you a natural and beautiful lift. The duration depends on many factors including your age, weight, and how much volume was added to your face initially.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Green