Supra tip swelling or excessive cartilage? Nose overprojected after rhinoplasty (Photos)

I am 5 weeks post op from a closed primary rhinoplasty to lift the tip and removal a dorsal hump. my tip still is very bulbous/ball like and does not look natural and I look like a someone right out of whoville (a ski slope appearance). I am so upset. I personally believe it is excessive cartilage in my tip. What do you think?

Rhinoplasty at 5 weeks

At 5 weeks you are still swollen. The tip can stay swollen for up to a year or longer.  Best to be patient and give it time to heal.

Swelling or overprotected tip

The tip of your nose, at 5 weeks, is still very swollen and thus can look over projected and acquire a slight ski slope appearance. Overall, your nose looks quite good and it will change with time.  Remember that the tip continues to improve for an entire year and based on the photos you submitted, you should end up with a good result.  You should not think of a revision for a year.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

This is very early in your recovery, and your nose will undergo many changes over the next few months. Your profile looks to have a good shape, and your frontal view should achieve more refinement as your nose continues to heal and the swelling resolves.

Donald B. Yoo, MD