I am 35 and I feel like my face is falling! Where do I start? Fillers? My mouth and jaw line bother me most. (photos)

Not sure what the best course of action is to fix my problem areas. I am starting to not even recognize myself in the mirror and I look sad or angry all the time. I used to be more symetrical as well, even lip volume and what's up with my one eye drooping? Where do I even start? Fillers? Botox? Face lift? I feel I am prematurely aging rapidly and I don't know what to do about it or how much to even expect to start budgeting to fix it. Any suggestions are helpful, thank you!

I am 35 and I feel like my face is falling!

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You express several concerns regarding different areas of your face.  To correct the asymmetry of your right upper eyelid you would most likely need a surgical procedure.  To address some of the lines on the lower half of your face you can consider fillers to add volume, either HA based fillers like Juvederm/Restylane, or even your own fat.  It is difficult to eliminate all of the lines that you show with smiling.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be helpful for you to learn about all the different options that are available, ranging from injectables to surgery. 

A facelift can improve the signs of aging at all stages of life.

This incredibly common surgery rejuvenates your face by smoothing and lifting key features and removing excess fat. In some cases, your surgeon may recommend pairing the procedure with a combination of medical spa treatments, such as a variety of chemical peels or laser treatments, such as Fraxel® or Thermage®. Pairing a facelift with any of these options will enhance the power of a facelift alone.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Treating Aging Face

There is no age limit for undergoing a facelift and the decision for whether you are a candidate requires a consultation.

There are three areas that we look at:
  1. skin surface
  2. volume
  3. laxity of skin an muscle
You can absolutely address these areas starting now with both surgical and non-surgical methods. I would recommend that you schedule a consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss your options and your desired results. 

#facelift and #facialrejuvenation

Where do i start

Probably non-surgical treatments would be the best place to begin. Fillers and non-invasive skin tightening are ideal for minimal problems. Come in for a consultation. Our number is 615-327-0303

I am 35 and I feel like my face is falling! Where do I start? Fillers? My mouth and jaw line bother me most.

Hi, based upon the attached photos your cheeks are very flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak, there is evidence of "jowls), the lips are thin (both upper and lower) and the eyebrows are low in poisition (right is lower than left) creating fullness in the upper eyelids.  The result is a relatively elongated appearing oval shaped face.  Women look the most attractive with herat shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round anteriorly. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler (I prefer Perlane now called restylane Lyft) or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement can create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Lip augmentation with a dermal filler (Retylane or Juvederm) or using lip implants will crerate full, pouty lips.  Chin augmentation with a chin implant can create harmony and balance to the lower face.  These can and are often combined when I perform my minimally invasive facelift that's described below.  The Brow Lift would need to be done at a separate time depending on whether that was still a major concern.

If you have "jowls" this is sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.

Start with upper blepharoplasty and dermal filler like Voluma to restore cheek volume and lift the cheek.

Eventually only a lower face and neck lift will truly tighten and restore jawline

35 and I feel like my face is falling! Where do I start? Fillers? My mouth and jaw line bother me most.

You can achieve a younger, fresher look with non-surgical techniques such as IPL’s, Botox and injectables.  Treatment benefits can be seen immediately and are long lasting but not permanent.  Fillers provide volume working beneath the skin by supporting and lifting the skin’s structure effectively smoothing away lines and restoring your skin’s appearance.  Seek a consultation with a Board Certified Surgeon or an experienced injector to discuss your options.

Fat grafting

Fat grafting is a very nice option in that it adds volume, corrects any deep wrinkles, and is noninvasive in that no scars result.  For young patients it is a good option that avoids a more involved surgery.  

Filler or face lift at 35

Thank you for asking about your face lift and fillers.

• First of all, you are lovely and it is natural to want to preserve your looks.
  • Your best advice will be from a personal consultation to discuss what bothers you most and your budget  
  • Your photos suggest that Botox may lift the droopy brow and soften the smile lines. 
  • Fillers will plump up the cheek fold (seen at rest).
  • Surgery may be better - a one-sided brow lift if Botox doesn't not work well for the droopy lid.
  • A face and neck lift and/or an extended cheek implant will correct and support the jaw and upper neck.
  • Face lifts at your age can have dramatic and enduring results - but starting with office treatments helps you decide if they are enough for now or if surgery is better for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

I look angry and tired at 35.

This complaint is usually due to low set eyebrows which can be a congenital problem and not equal on both sides.  Look into the mirror and see if you look better when you raise your eyebrows with your hand pulling up on your forehead.  Your lip anatomy looks attractive but the upper lip maybe too long,( not showing a hint of your upper teeth), or too thin. Think about fillers (temporary) or a lip implant. Your profile may benefit with
a chin implant. Aging changes are complicated. A consult and a long term plan may be in order.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD