Why is my bridge wide and crooked after rhinoplasty?

This is concerning as I have been healing for 5 months now.

5 months post rhinoplasty

At 5 months post rhinoplasty, your nose is likely still swollen. It is difficult to tell from your photos if it is crooked.

5 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with 5 months after rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Wide nose after rhinoplasty

It appears from your 3/4 view that you can see the edge of your nasal bones or some swelling over this area.  I would reassess the width after a year or later.  Keep in mind that further revisions may only complicate matters.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Wide bridge and crooked Nose Post Rhinoplasty

Dear Spurs, Before and after photographs with direct front and profile views would be very helpful in giving you a more informed answer. With that said the typical reason for a wide bridge after rhinoplasty is either lack of osteotomies, excess cartilage either natural or grafted. The majority of your swelling has dissipated at this point so I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon who has the benefit of knowing what exact surgical procedures were performed in your rhinoplasty as well as your agreed upon final result. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Wide Nose after Rhinoplasty

I could better answer this question if you had both your before and after pictures.  The common causes for a wide bridge after a rhinoplasty are:

1)  Wide nasal bones
2)  Cartilage grafting that caused a widening of the nose
3)  Swelling 

The nose will continue to change as it heals for 1 year.  I would wait a year and then compare your before and after photos.  At that time, you could consider additional procedures if you are not satisified.

Wide nasal bridge

The photographs presented do not have a frontal view.  That would give the best appearance.  The most likely reason for wide nasal bridge is lack of infracture of the osteotomies are not having done the low lateral osteotomies at all which allows the bones to be brought together and narrow the bridge

Another possibility is excess cartilage in the upper lateral cartilages by now most of the swelling should have resolved and it appears to be a structural issue and would need to be addressed surgically.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please re post with label before and after photos if you want a response....... Or seek in person second opinions........