How long is there pain/discomfort following lip augmentation with Juvederm?

How many days on average? If I get it done on a Monday, would I usually be back to normal by Fri eve, 7:00 PM?

Typically the pain and discomfort are resolved within 2-3 days. Swelling may persist longer though. We instruct our patients to use ice for 48 hours as needed and to take Arnica to minimize their swelling.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Lip Injections

Thank you for your question. Typically swelling after lip augmentation with fillers peaks within the first few days but it can take up to 14 days to see optimal results.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Final Result After Lip Augmentation With Juvedem

Thank you for your question.  Some swelling and bruising after filler injection is normal, especially in the lips.  Icing can help for up to 48 hours postprocedure.  Arnica can also help to minimize postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Gentle massage may be beneficial.  In general, after lip augmentation with Juvederm, a full 2 weeks is necessary to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  As far as pain/discomfort, you may experience some during the injection procedure, but there is typically none immediately afterwards.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person consultation to fully address your concerns and discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes!

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane

Minimal pain will be felt at the time of injection, but will subside shortly after. Swelling and bruising can occur after Juvederm placement, as it typically takes 10-14 days to see optimal results. Best, Dr. Emer

Pain or discomfort after lip filler

Most patient do experience some discomfort during the injection but not usually after the injection. Swelling can be an issue after the injection and can last more than a few days in some cases. 

How long does pain last after lip juvederm?

IF there is any pain after Juvederm injection to the lips, it should normally resolve within 24-48 hours. There is lidocaine (numbing medication) mixed in with the Juvederm so while the initial needle sticks may be painful, as the treatment proceeds, it should get easier because of the lidocaine. I haven't personally had any patients complain about lip pain after Juvederm injection. If any pain occurs, it's at the time of injection. Ice or numbing cream applied beforehand can help reduce discomfort during injection.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Hello Aesthetica,

When it comes to lip injections there can be some discomfort at the time of injection (I like to use a topical numbing medication to minimize this).  But it would not be expected to have continued pain or discomfort.  There can be swelling that takes place afterwards, but this should not be uncomfortable.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon