Use of Juvederm nose filler after rhinoplasty?

After not being happy with a rhinoplasty result a few months afterwards would it be okay to have Juvederm used to mask the imperfections created from the operation whilst i wait to have a revision further on in my life? My nose does not have any swelling and i can see the shape starting to form and i am unhappy with a dent above the tip of my nose. Thank you

Hello Jon Gates,

It is possible to start using Juvederm to camouflage your rhinoplasty imperfections.  The only issue with starting it after only a few months is that you would still have swelling present so as that swelling goes down, it may make the Juvederm become more noticeable.  To avoid this stay conservative with your filler.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvéderm can help

Thank you for your question. Fillers are a wonderful way to improve upon rhinoplasty results and perfect the outcome. Just remember you can have significant swelling after rhinoplasty, and may need to wait 6 to 8 months for the swelling to completely resolve. Small amounts of filler can resolve the dent. However, this is a very advanced procedure and must be performed by a very experienced injector. This is further complicated in a post rhinoplasty patient, for the vascularity of the nose can be altered, and potential complications can be serious. Please consult with an experienced injector, preferably the surgeon who performed your rhinoplasty. Best of luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician

Juvederm to mask rhinoplasty result?

Rhinoplasty swelling can last up to 2 years. In fact, there are some plastic surgeons who will not revise a rhinoplasty until up to 2 years later due to this fact. You can mask imperfections with Juvederm. If there is a nasal implant, the injections must be done sterilely to avoid infecting the implant. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Juvederm can help

Juvederm can help mask early imperfection after rhinoplasty.
This non-surgical nose job can be reversed or repeated as necessary.
Dr. Denkler

Nose filler?

The short answer is yes.  The long answer is that you want to be sure that all the swelling is down from the rhinoplasty.  My suggestion is to wait at least 8 to 12 months post surgery to add filler.  Hope this helps. Good luck 
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon