Which filler is better for the chin? Restylane Subq or Juvederm Voluma?

My chin is underdeveloped and it needs a lot of volume, I'm wondering which filler between the two can give me a better result ?

Doctor Answers 4

Chin Augmentation

There are many fillers that can be used in to add volume to the chin. I recommend having a consultation with an expert to discuss your desires and treatment plan. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

Chin Reconsutraction with Fillers

Hi and thank you for sharing your question here! The most effective technique for the chin reconstruction and augmentation to achieve more natural-looking result is deep injection of the filler, just above the chin bone. I highly prefer Voluma for this procedure as it has a thick consistency and it provides nice lifting with decent longevity of the results. I hope it helps and good luck! 

Elham Jafari, MD
Irvine Physician
4.8 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Which filler is better for the chin? Restylane Subq or Juvederm Voluma?

 Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

 I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  When using a dermal filler, for Chin Augmentation, I prefer using Rstylane Lyft.  It flows nicely and is easily molded and shaped.

Hope this helps.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Chin augmentation

There are a number of fillers that can be used to add volume to the chin. My favorite is Radiesse. Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.