What is the most effective treatment for my chin area and jowl. Would sculptra or fillers help? (photo)

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane; Fat; Implants; Sculptra

I love voluma, radiesse, bellafill and sculptra here.  Restylane lyft can give a soft look when layered. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Botox softens the chin crease and cobblestone apperance.  lasers and microneedling/RF help texture and tone.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Chin rejuvination

Thank you for your question. It appears that You have scarring and a "cobble stone" appearance in the chin. this could be due to acne scarring, sebaceous hyperplasia, sun damage, smoking and natural aging. It is important in your consultation to asses the reason for this appearance and treat accordingly. In general, I consider botox and dysport in chin area as the most cost effective treatment with the least down time. This helps improve lines, soften the dimpling in the chin, and give the skin a chance to recover while using other modalities. depending on the cause and depth of the wrinkling, the next treatment can be a fractional resurfacing or microneedling, to improve the texture and regenerate surface of skin. For best results, this should be followed with fillers such as radiasse, resylane or restylane Lyft. In your case sculptra is not the best option ans you need a "wrinkle filler" more than a general volumizer.

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician

Filler options for the lower face

There are several fillers that I like in this area including Voluma, Sculptra,and Juvederm UltraPlus. In your case, combination treatment is probably best. You could use Sculptra to stimulate collagen production and to re-volumize the pre-jowl, midface, and piriform. This could be followed by a hyaluronic acid based filler as needed. I think I would also focus on your skin. A series of microneedling treatments or non-ablative laser treatments such as Fraxel could improve skin texture. Finally, you may benefit from Restylane Silk or Juvederm Volbella injection into the lips and perioral lines. 

What is the most effective treatment for my chin area and jowl. Would sculptra or fillers help?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  There are a number of different fillers available to help treat the chin and jowl area to leave a more defined and taut appearance to the skin.  Several of the hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers - such as Voluma and Juvederm - can help add volume and lift tissues while a thinner filler such as Volbella or belotero can help any remaining etched lines.  Sculptra can also be used into the chin and smile line regions to help your body naturally develop collagen, allowing for a gradual transition in the appearance of your tissues.  As with all treatments I would recommend starting a good skin care regimen that incorporates use of a retinol, sunblock, and lightening cream.  Hope this helps. 

Sculptra could help

It seems the main concern might be the lines rather than the volume. You seem to have a fairly strong chin in this limited picture

Having said that, sculptra to your chin would recruit some of the chin and jowl skin and may make a small improvement. This would inevitable give you a stronger chin however which you may not want. Intradermal filler or other skin tightening procedure might be better for you. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Improving chin and jowl area

I see superficial wrinkles and volume loss. I would treat with fillers (Sculptra is a great one) and Infini. Infini helps tighten and the improve skin texture. It will take a few treatments of the Infini. Laser resurfacing is also an option.

Steven F. Weiner, MD