Radiesse very big lumps chin area. (photo)

Hallo. I got radiesse in my chin 13 months ago. I have very big lumps. I can feel them all the time. It bothers me so much and look so ugly. I want to get rid no matter what. Even surgery as long as i look like myself again. Please help we. Any suggestions?!

Lumps after Radiesse

It is possible that this is Radiesse although by this time frame the only thing that should be left in the area is your own collagen. I would check with the injector and make sure you were not injected with silicone or Artefill. be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Nashville Dermatologist

Radiesse lumps

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience.  Radiesse doesn't typically last more than 6-9 months in most people; are you sure it was Radiesse that was injected 13 months ago?  Are the lumps tender, red, or intermittently inflamed?  Are they improving with time?  I think you would do well to consult with a Dermatologist, Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon, or Oculoplastic Surgeon who does aesthetic injections and deals with their associated complications frequently.  It would also be helpful, although not critical, to have the records from your previous injection.  Though nothing truly dissolves Radiesse, injections of steroids and/ or hyaluronidase may help.  A low-grade infection, if present, should be treated with antibiotics.  I would view surgery to remove this as a last resort.  Best of luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse very big lumps chin area.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Unlike the HA fillers, Radiesse can't be dissolved or otherwise adjusted.  This is one of the reasons that I prefer using Restylane Lift to shape the cheeks, chin and jaw line when using a dermal filler.  Best to just wait until it dissolves on its own (6-9 months but up to a year).  Unclear as to why the chin was augmented, with Radiesse, upwards in a curve towards the lower lip.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.