Radiesse filler for deep vertical acne scar in middle of chin it's about a inch long?

Hi I have a deep acne scar on my chin that is vertical and is about a inch long and is about as wide as a pencil. I was told this filler would be the best. Is there any reason why this filler shouldn't be used on acne scars? It kinda looks like I have a "butt" chin if that helps too.

Radiesse® is ideal for shaping and enhancing bony areas such as the chin. For more information please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Miami Dermatologist

Radiesse vs HA fillers.

Really do need to see this scar, and most importantly touch. If it is tethered, I often surgically subscise during the filling process. Radiesse can be used, but my personal preference is Juvederm VOLIFT or Volbella if fine one to one correction is needed, especially for scars. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne scars and filler

Radiesse can be used for this acne scar especially in conjunction with subcision to loosen the scar. Many other fillers can be used but I caution you about Belafill. even though it is approved for acne scars it is permanent and the results are not. I have seen too many side-effects from this filler

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Acne scar on chin

There are lots of treatment options for acne scars, including subcision, punch grafting, laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, subcision in addition to fillers. Each scar should be individually evaluated to determine the best approach for that particular scar. In general if using a filler for acne scars I would start with a hyaluronic acid filler. It is reversible and designed for more superficial injections than Radiesse. Injecting Radiesse at the level of the skin that may be best for treating most scars will risk getting firm bumps that can last a long time.

Hope this helps.

Ralph Massey, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologist

Radiesse Filler for Deep Acne Chin Line

Lady45788 Hello Neighbor! thank you for your question.  While a photo could be helpful and in person consultation is necessary to determine your best course of action.  While Radiesse, Voluma, Juvederm could all be use to fill in an acne scar, only Bellafill is FDA approved for acne scar treatments.  Bellafill is also the only one of these fillers with a 5 year FDA approval.  Most scars, especially deep ones, need more then one modality for best improvement, for example concurrent venus viva treatments.  I would be happy to see you for consultation in either my West Bloomfield or Sterling Heights locations.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Acne scarring treatment

Hello and thanks for your question!

Without a picture, it's very difficult to tell you what the best treatment is. Radiesse can work but if used too superficially, nodules can form which you will be able to feel. I often use a hyaluronic acid filler to the dermal layer. 

Other options include dermabrasion or laser to the acne scar or subscision- a picture would shed a lot of light on your particulars. 

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician