I need a chin implant but would filler provide a good test result before I commit to surgery?

I haven't seen a surgeon yet but I know I've got a recessed chin. An implant is very likely in my future as I'd like to achieve better overall balance of my facial structure but I want to see how I'd appear with a some more volume down there, even if it's not as good as an implant. Would some filler work for now? Also. Would I be better off with a genioplasty? Let me know, thanks. *not interested in a nose job. I think mine is proportionate enough to my face already

Fillers can provide the shape and set an example for what your chin might look like with a chin implant or with genioplasty.  They are temporary and would need to be fully dissolved prior to surgery, but they can offer you some ability to see if you like the look before you surgically commit to it. 

There are advantages and disadvantages to chin implants and genioplasty.  I usually prefer genioplasty for many reasons; however, both, are excellent options for patients, and I have performed a number of both operations with great results and excellent patient satisfaction.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

thanks for your question. Fillers can be good and can show you what a cheek implant will roughly look like. The Downside is cost of the filler and the fact that you need it dissolved before the implant. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for Chin augmentation

Dear Hubbard29:

Looking at your photos, you would benefit from chin augmentation with a filler like Voluma. All the best.

Filler in chin

filler is a great alternative into the chin and can provide a beautiful augmentation for people with a small chin. Studies have shown that even after 2 years, the product maintains extremely well in this area (depending on the product shown) and unlike surgery, there is very minimal downtime after the fillers are done. It is a great alternative. 

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin and Fillers

I absolutely would put a small amount of fillers in your chin to help fill this area and give you a great appearance like an implant.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green