Infected neck lift scars? -10 days post op. (photos)

I get faint touching/looking at my scars but I have been applying Fucidin cream every day (at first 3 times a day, then 2) as instructed. I asked someone to take photos with my iPad today to see how they are getting on because they still seem sore. Photos are below. The right ear is worst, but the white area is not wet or sleepy, it is dry and sounds like a dry scab when touched with a cotton earbud. Are these signs of infection?

Takes time

Keep up with your doctors instructions.  It will take about two weeks or so for these to heal.  They appear to be contaminated wounds, not infected that will heal with local wound care.  Keeping them clean and applying the ointment helps keep them from getting infected.

Incisions after face and neck lift

thank you for your question.  Your incisions look as though they were under heavy tension, and as such will need some extended TLC before they heal completely.  Keeping them clean, maintaining your doctors prescribed post operative regimen, and making sure they are involved in the care is of utmost importance.  As of now, they do not look as though there is any infection, but without a physical exam and being able to see them in person is tough to make a definitive judgement.  That being said, you should absolutely keep your physician up to date with your healing progress as they may need to do some wound care to get you back on the right track.  I hope some of this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. You should clean your scars diligently to prevent any potential for infection. You are very early in your healing process so rest, hydration and careful cleaning can go a long way to set the stage for the duration of your healing. Please contact your surgeon and make them aware of your healing process. It would be helpful to discuss best recovery practices when you meet in your next appointment. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift - do I have an infectin?

Thank you for asking about your neck lift.
  • At least in the photos, your surgery does not look infected.
  • You appear to have some separation of the incision and some sutures that need to be removed.
  • I sugegst you return to see your surgeon to be checked and for removal of the sutures.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS