Chin implant or sliding genioplasty? (Photo)

Hello I had an appointment to consult with a plastic surgeon to correct the shape of the chin, but he told me that the chin implant is not useful to me and i should see a doctor on the maxillofacial Surgery to get (sliding genioplasty ) I would like to know whether the chin implant useful to me or i have to go with (sliding genioplasty )??? Chin implant wings or without wings and which is better for the most suitable form of my face? which size ? Thank you very much for your answers

Chin implant or sliding genioplasty?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant

If you have a normal bite and there is no need to increase the vertical length of the chin, there is no need for a sliding genioplasty. An implant will be a good option. Seek a plastic surgeon with special training in facial surgery, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field. #chinimplant.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Chin implant or something else

Based on your photos but short of clinical, in person evaluation, I do not see the reason why you could not expect good result with chin implant? It seems to me, based on this limited data, that both chin implant and sliding genioplasty will produce similar result.You should  consult a maxillofacial surgeon as recommended and also seek a second opinion by another plastic surgeon with more experience in facial surgery and facial implants. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

since you have a narrow jawline and a deepened fold under the lower lip you have to be cautious. even a genioplasty has done with care to avoid a distorted pointed chin. Ideally you should talk to the Maxillofacial  surgeon about tapering augmentation of the jawline at the same time and  keep balance especially viewed fromtally

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon