Is it ok to get a facial or Botox after just having surgery ?

I just had surgery 3 days ago and I am planning on getting a facial tomorrow and Botox next week. Will it be ok ?

Botox or facial

If you are felling well, then it is probably ok. You should really ask your surgeon what his preference is.  Best of luck.

Botox and facials after surgery

Thank you for your question.  If your surgery involved the face I would not recommend Botox or facials at this early date.  If the surgery was elsewhere on the body, then these should be OK, as long as you remember to keep your head elevated for the proper amount of time after surgery.  Best of luck.

John Q. Cook, MD

Botox after surgery

It depends on what type of surgery. If it isn't surgery on the face, it shouldn't matter that much.  I recommend seeing a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Botox after surgery

Botox after almost any surgery is probably OK. The one exception would be facial swelling after a facial surgery. Good luck, feel good and look better...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Botox after surgery

It depends on the type of surgery you had. Assuming it's not on your face, then there is no issue. Best of luck.

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Facial or botox after surgery

I see absolutely no reason why you can't have Botox or a facial of any type after surgery. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Post op treatments

hello. I see no problem in getting a facial or Botox after a surgical procedure. Just make sure you are not on any blood thinners -- may cause bruising. Good luck

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Yes, there should be no problem having a facial and/or Botox treatments after recent breast surgery. Best wishes.