10 weeks after Gynecomastia surgery and my breasts are still big, what is wrong with my case? (Photo)

Hello I had a gyno surgery 10 weeks ago (gland removal and lipo), but I am still extremely unhappy with my results, my breasts still look big especially when I sit down, and I can even hear my breasts go up and down when I run or jump! Also; when I bend the skin of my breasts become really loose and saggy although I'm only 136 pounds. So what's wrong with me? Why my breasts are still that big after 10 weeks post op and why my skin looks loose? Will I improve overtime?

What to Expect While Healing From Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Results

You may still be swollen or have some residual fat/gland.  However, it also may be extra skin that needs to be removed.  Go back to your PS and ask about your concerns.  However, it may just be the case that you have to wait a few more months.  Also start doing chest exercises, if your PS agrees at this time.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Residual Volume after Male Breast Reduciton

Hello, From the photos, it looks like either there is residual volume (fat and gland that was not completely removed) or it may be a seroma or hematoma (serum or blood collection). The later would be very evident if the area is jiggly or soft with liquid inside. Your surgeon will be able to clarify this issue. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Chest Still looks Big

Thank you for your pictures.  It is hard to say without an exam.  Maybe you still have excess fat and may be you need excision of skin additionally.  Please seek re-evaluation from your operating surgeon.

Gyne

I think its really important to go back to your surgeon and discuss your feelings with him/her. Its very hard to know if more fat can be removed without examining you.

Terry E. Restivo, DO
Napa Physician

10 weeks after Gynecomastia surgery and my breasts are still big, what is wrong with my case?

The breast tissue and fat give your breast skin it's shape, once removed your skin needs to shrink or be reduced to "fit" the new(smaller) breast and fat size.

Did you wear a garment? are you still doing so?

I would suggest non invasive skin tightening as well as additional time

Hope this helps

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS