I had gynecomastia surgery 5 days ago, and today my friend accidentally pushed my left chest quite hard.

I was compression garment, will there be any problems arising due to this?

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question. If you do not have any symptoms from the injury, it is unlikely to have caused a problem. If you feel that side of the chest is in more pain, has increased swelling, or increased bruising than the other side it would be a good idea to see your surgeon. Otherwise, I would not be too concerned.

Best Regards,
Dr. Stutman

Left Side of Chest Accidentally Pushed On 5 Days Post Op

It shouldn't have a permanent effect on your final results. However, it couldn't hurt to call your surgeon for additional insight or an in-person evaluation.  Additionally, your #incisions will go through a maturation #process after gynecomastia surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible the indentations can be addressed with cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.