What can I do about my uneven eyelids/eyebrows? (photo)

As I get older I notice more and more that I have uneven eyelids; my right one falls lower than the other and my left eyebrow is higher when I smile and I want to know if it's something to do with my facial muscles, the skin of my eyelid it's self and what I can do about it, please.

Uneven brow and eyelids

Thanks for there question and the photos. There can be many reasons for facial asymmetry and often it is just the way we're made. It is important to have a face-to-face consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon to determine the most likely cause. If your eyelids are even when you support the lower brow (right) then elevation of this low brow would be indicated. Sometimes, artistic use of Botox with injections designed to lower the left (high) brow and elevate the low (right) brow can give you better balance without surgery. A unilateral browlift can also be done to get your brows/lids closer. If the lid is still lower when you support the brow then this may represent droopiness of one eyelid (ptosis). The tricky thing here is to determine which side is involved. If you actually have some droop in the left upper lid, your body can compensate by raising the brow (unconsciously) resulting in your asymmetry. Be sure and consider both sides. Best wishes.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Eyes are uneven and eyebrows too

Your description suggests ptosis (drooping) of one eyelid which has various causes but often needs surgical correction of the levator palpebre, the muscle that opens the eye. 
Your photo does not show ptosis but casual photos can be misleading. 
First it needs evaluation by a Board Certified Opthalmologist, Ophthalmoplastic or Plastic Surgeon.

Make sure you're evaluated for possible ptosis before planning eyelid surgery

It is difficult to tell from your photos, but you either have ptosis of the brow or ptosis of the upper eyelid. Either way, a consultation With a facial plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon would help distinguish between the two. The important point is that prior to undergoing a procedure for your brow, be sure to at least have eyelid ptosis ruled out. 

Brian Harmych, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eyebrows

Uneven eyebrows is often due to the body trying to compensate for a droopy eyelid.  I would suggest being evaluated by an oculoplastic surgeon.  Often fixing the drooping eyelid will fix the brow problem.  Good Luck

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyelid folds and eyebrows

If you like the right side...

A simple solution would be to use a small amount of Botox on the left forehead. This would have the effect of lowering the brow to match the right side at the same time would reduce the visible space above the left eyelashes.

Jeffrey P. Edelstein, MD
Chandler Oculoplastic Surgeon

Your Right side is behaving in an age appropriate manner. Your left eyebrow is raised in response to a weak left upper eyelid. You may have some mild ptosis ( droopy eyelid) on your left and your eyebrow is raised in response to it. You should be evaluated by a Plastic Surgeon who is an Eyelid Expert. Skilled use of Botox can buy you some time.
Hope this helps

Eyebrow asymmetry correction.

For 35 years since we developed the Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift I have used a mini version so as to raise the brow without raising your hairline as will happen with an endobrowlift.. I almost NEVER use a lateral forehead lift since gravity works vertically and as you age you do not want the "evil" look created by many lateral brow lifts. In 20 years the ITFL can be repeated as you age without raising your hairline and it can actually be lowered using this technique.

Uneven eyelids

Rhiawilliams, I would recommend you do a 3/4 endo brow on the R and a lateral brow lift on the L. See this all the time and this approach helps even the brows. I would not do any upper lid bleph at first; may add one later if needed. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eyebrows and eyelids

A photograph demonstrates brow ptosis on the right side along with excess skin on the right eyelid  as well. Asymmetries are very commonly treated like this with a combination of brow lift( hairline incision to shorten the forehead) and eyelid surgery. For many examples of both procedures, please see the link below

What can I do about my uneven eyelids/eyebrows?

Minor eyebrow asymmetry is noted in the posted photo. I recommend non invasive therapy first like BOTOX injection placed by a true expert injector. If still not satisfied try minor surgical options as direct eyebrow lift, unilateral forehead lift..