Why do I have tiny pimples after face lift? (Photo)

I had face lift 3 weeks ago. 5 days ago i noticed tiny pimples starting from my scars and spreading further all over the face. I never got something like this before and my diet and lifestyle remain the same. Its getting more and more. Some of them white. J am really upset. If somebody can give good advise i will be really grateful. Thank you very much

Eruptions after a Facelift

Did you also have a laser procedure with your facelift? Were buried sutures used in your facelift? Your eruptions could be either an infection, acne, or a reaction to buried sutures. A course of antibiotics and anti-viral medications may be tried.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Skin eruption after a facelift

It is possible to see some mild skin irritation after a facelift, which should subside in a few days.  In your particular case, at 3 weeks post-op, this skin condition is abnormal.  You should see a dermatologist to asses to proper course or treatment.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Skin eruption after face lift

Thank you for your question about your face lift.

I am sorry you have this eruption.
It can be from hormones, surgical soap, tape or a skin infection.
The chief concern would be infection, especially since it is spreading and appears red.
Contact your surgeon and arrange to be seen promptly. You may need antibiotics. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Herpes is an option

Seek the opinion of a dermatologis as soon as possible, an herpes zoster outbreak is a possibility, though the simplest acne is too another one.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Facelift breakout

This type of breakout could be an acne breakout, a viral breakout, or even a more serious infection.  The skin in the picture looks quite red and inflamed.  I would recommend getting in to see you physician as soon as possible in case antibiotic therapy is needed.  Good luck!

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne / Pimples after Facelift

Sometimes an outbreak of acne occurs following a facelift operation, especially in younger patients that have sebaceous, oily skin. Inflammation of the skin can stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum, while the bandages and occlusive ointments used around the time of surgery can block pores. If you are older than 30-35, however, it is more likely that you have an Acneiform eruption. Acneiform reactions are a variety of skin conditions that strongly resemble acne except the lesions are more uniform in nature. They are often caused by infection, rosacea, hormonal abnormalities, and certain medications. I would return to your surgeon to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Brock Ridenour, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Occasionally younger patients will have the development of acne shortly after a facelift.

As a skin is traumatized during a facelift it may respond by increase glandular activity that can create acne. The photograph shows a sizable amount of redness in the skin which is problematic. I think this is something you should show to your plastic surgeon.