Silhouette Lift or Facelift for 34 Year Old Woman?

Silhouette Instalift in your thirties

Thank you for your question.  The Silhouette Instalift is a minimally invasive solution that delivers a great option to patients for whom a facelift surgery is not their preferred approach. There have been several different suture lifts in the past that may have been pulled off the market because due to complications.  The Instalift differs in that the material is resorbable and the suture material actually stimulates collagen as well.  One of the main materials used in the Instalift is the main active ingredient in Sculptra which is commonly used by advanced injectors for facial rejuvenation for collagen stimulation.  In addition, Instalift uses bi-directional cones to reposition the subdermal tissue and facial skin to a more lifted and youthful position.  Over time the implanted sutures and cones also stimulate your own collagen for natural and long lasting results. Please contact a Silhouette certified physician for a consultation.  Best of luck!

Thread Lifts Don't Last

Thread lifts of any kind including the Silouette Lift, Countour Lift, etc just don't last. The small barbs on the sutures (threads) just pull through the soft tissue of your fact until you are left with little signs of improvement and permanent foreign bodies (i.e. threads) left behind. There are a number of mini facelifts to choose from with minimal scars rather than a traditional facelift. My advice is to see a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Silhouette Instalift in your 30s

Thank you for your question. Silhouette InstaLift™ is a minimally invasive procedure that is able to target the deeper layers of skin on a patient’s face and neck. This new target area makes the procedure stand out from existing procedures that treat the surface or outer layers of the skin, such as wrinkles, brown spots or lost volume. The Silhouette InstaLift™ is a very simple procedure that takes only 30-45 minutes and provides amazing results. A facelift on the other hand is also has its place in facial rejuvenation and gives great results when properly used. After a facelift you will experience some potentially significant discomfort, bruising, and swelling. The amount and duration of these effects will depend on the amount of lifting necessary, but it sometimes lasts as long as two weeks after surgery. After the first week, though, you will likely be able to return to work and can wear concealing makeup. Results will continue to improve for up to several months after surgery. Which one is better for you depends on your symptoms of facial aging and your cosmetic goals. I recommend getting a in person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Facelift generally not the best option

It is unusual to consider a facelift at the age of 34. There are exceptions, for example, a patient who has lost significant amount of weight loss .It is more common to see  eyelid aging changes at an earlier age rather than the presence of a jowl. However, each patient has to be evaluated on an individual basis. At this age you may be better served with fillers and maybe Botox along with an effective skin care program.

Robert W. Sheffield, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 34

If you are concerned about the tear trough, Restylane to the area may be a better choice and far less invasive.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Options For 34 Year Old

I would say that at this point, you are too young for a face lift. I would suggest less invasive options, such as Sculptra or fillers. These types of procedures will help resolve issues you are experiencing without undergoing surgery. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Silhouette Lift or Facelift for 34 Year Old Woman? You may be too young for either I would consider something minimally invasive

You may be too young for either I would consider something minimally invasive. Filling just might be the best thing for you and you can avoid all the incisions.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thread lift limitations

As a Facial Plastic Surgeon I have significant experience in correcting the problems related to thread lifts. The threads often extrude, coil up, become infected or simply fail. Its not a useful technique and is really just a fad. You are much safer at your age to have conservative maintenance treatment with skin care, fillers and Botox if needed. Don't believe the hype. Attached here is a video that explains age related changes to our facial features over time. Cheers!

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's hard to tell with your photograph which opton would be best for you.  Bigger procedures do give bigger results.  If you are not ready for a face lift you could try facial fillers such as Sculptra which is also deemed the "Liquid Face Lift".

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Silhouette lift

All of these thread lift techniques I find suboptimal as for result.. Think of them like filler a short last and a little result. Less is not more in this case ...less is less.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD