Opinions on Silhouette Lift?

Have you heard of the Silhouette Lift? If so, what is your opinion on this? Thanks!

Silhouette Insta Lift - USA

Finally a minimally minor surgical lift can now be offered as an alone technique or as an add on to open facelifting. The biggest issue is the cost of the Silhouette Sutures (at $100 - $150 per suture). If using 14 sutures than the costs becomes high for the product in the $2,000 range. Thus the fee would be in the $4,000 range. The longevity is 18 months to 2 years. The major advantages are: no true incisions or pre auricular scars, very very fast recovery, under local anesthesia, short operative time (after getting experience), very satisfied patients. So now I offer Face/Neck Lifting as 4 categories with possible combinations. 1. Silhouette Insta Lift, 2. Mini FL/NL, 3. Midi FL/NL - SMAS, 4. Full open Face/Neck/Submental Lift. I think Sinclair Pharma has opened a new horizon for simple acceptable face lifting. 

The 'Silhouette Lift' IS NOT a thread lift! Yes, it uses a prolene suture with PolyLastic Acid (Sculptra) cones along its length. A completely NEW concept. I at first was VERY spectacle but after receiving hands on training and now having preformed over 25 cases -ALL I CAN SAY IT WORKS! 

Update 11/20/2015: After having preformed 35 cases on various patients over 98% are happy. I have divided the Silhouette Lift in to differing categories based upon different concepts.
Based upon anatomic areas: 1. Mid Face Lift - 8 sutures; 2. Temple Lift 2 to 4 sutures; 3. Neck lift 2 to 4 sutures+; 5. A combination of the previous areas.
Based upon age without previous facial surgeries: 1. Under 35 -  mid face &/or temple lifts. 2. Under 45 - mid face, temple, neck. 3. Under 55 - same as 45. 4. Older Any combination. With all categories addition of fillers, peels, Botox, fat grafts is offered.
Based upon previous FaceLift surgeries: 1. Add a slight additional lift - 2 to 4 sutures. 2. In combination with secondary FaceLifts. 
Please understand we all have had patients request no cutting or scars. The Silhouette Lift offers an alternative temporary solution. More to follow.....

Update: Over 40 cases done on ages from 33 to 72 years. Used from 2 to 16 sutures. VERY impressed results. Plus after 3 months the Scupltra cones cause increased collagen deposition making the results even better!

Update: So there is NO confusion, there are 2 options in the Silhouette Lift Suspension Sutures. #1 Is the original Silhouette Lift sutures which are unidirectional PLL cones with a suture of prolene. #2 Is the Bi-dircetional Silhouette InstaLift Suspension Sutures using PLL cones in opposite directions on an absorbable suture. The #2 is just been released in the USA with FDA approval for mid face suspension. The #s around the world of the cases using this suspension sutures are 130,000+ and counting!!! Results are very good. It MUST be stated this is NOT a THREAD LIFT!!! There are very few certified US doctors offering these suspension bi-directional sutures at present. But training courses are being offered. So more and more doctors will become qualified.
On another note, the technique must be strictly observed. The 'u' insertion technique is incorrect use of these bi-directional suspension sutures. As was shown on the Doctor's Show recently. This "u" placement technique does not last and is NOT recommended. The correct insertion is to take advantage of the bi-dirctional forces. 
Till next time. Regards Dr Darryl J Blinski, MIAMI  

Silhouette lift-worth it?

Thank you for your question.  There are so many branded lifts out there, that it can be very confusing.  The Silhouette Lift is a variation on the thread lift.  The idea is to "lift" the tissue with barbed sutures in a minimally invasive fashion and is most suited to patients with mild aging changes.  The results may last up to 18 months.  In my experience, patients are more satisfied with the results of an actual surgical lift.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Silhouette lift not advised

The "Silhouette lift" is a form of a thread lift. While it can have a temporary effect in lifting the facial features, longevity and contour are compromised. A traditional facelift or necklift is likely to give you more robust and lasting results.

Lara Devgan, MD, MPH

Facelift vs. silhouette lift

Silhouette lifts, Contour threads, Threadlifts, Contour lifts, Featherlift et all going by any other fancy name have only garnered bad press / reviews, are ineffective, with results that are short lived & disappointing.

Its best to avoid them as cheaper options, fill gaps, non invasive procedures; & earn your facelift.  

Silhouette lift

Suspension lifts such as Threadlifts, Contour lifts, Featherlift, Silhouette lift, are fairly ineffective and very short lasting. Not the best value for the money spent.

Kevin Sadati, DO

The silhouette lift

There so many different names out there, just to attract patients to have it done.  These things are scary, and you must be very careful.  Many of these "techniques" are just to pull your money out of your pocket, with very poor results.

So, please try to stay away from these things.

Alberto Arguello, MD
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette lift?

This is another variation on the 'thread' lift. These unfortunately often represent compromised 'operations' in the hopes of lower down time and cost. I have difficulty in good conscience recommending compromised results and therefore tend to avoid these techniques. Most patients are better suited with a good skin care regiment and skin resurfacing, and then doing a true facelift when the time is right for them. I hope this helps.

Silhouette Lift

There are many lifts in the market. I usually reference a paper by Dr. Peter Adamson comparing the various lifts. It found that the deep plane facelift had the longest longevity of all facelifts, about 7 years in duration for improvement.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

The silhouette soft lift is a great procedure for mid term results

Having been performing facelifts for over 15 years I have adopted the technique in my practice as an intermediate treatment for faces that have minimal ageing signs and in experienced hands you can achieve great results with only a few days of recovery. The results usually last 18 months.

Silhouette Lift

Thank you for your question. The silhouette lift is a variant of the thread lift which uses barbed sutures to lift and hold the skin in a suspended position. Unfortunately, with its expense, it provides very minimal improvement and I would not recommend it.

Ramtin Kassir, MD