Opinions on Silhouette Lift?

Have you heard of the Silhouette Lift? If so, what is your opinion on this? Thanks!

Silhouette Insta Lift - USA

Finally a minimally minor surgical lift can now be offered as an alone technique or as an add on to open facelifting. The biggest issue is the cost of the Silhouette Sutures (at $100 - $150 per suture). If using 14 sutures than the costs becomes high for the product in the $2,000 range. Thus the fee would be in the $4,000 range. The longevity is 18 months to 2 years. The major advantages are: no true incisions or pre auricular scars, very very fast recovery, under local anesthesia, short operative time (after getting experience), very satisfied patients. So now I offer Face/Neck Lifting as 4 categories with possible combinations. 1. Silhouette Insta Lift, 2. Mini FL/NL, 3. Midi FL/NL - SMAS, 4. Full open Face/Neck/Submental Lift. I think Sinclair Pharma has opened a new horizon for simple acceptable face lifting. 

The 'Silhouette Lift' IS NOT a thread lift! Yes, it uses a prolene suture with PolyLastic Acid (Sculptra) cones along its length. A completely NEW concept. I at first was VERY spectacle but after receiving hands on training and now having preformed over 25 cases -ALL I CAN SAY IT WORKS! 

Update 11/20/2015: After having preformed 35 cases on various patients over 98% are happy. I have divided the Silhouette Lift in to differing categories based upon different concepts.
Based upon anatomic areas: 1. Mid Face Lift - 8 sutures; 2. Temple Lift 2 to 4 sutures; 3. Neck lift 2 to 4 sutures+; 5. A combination of the previous areas.
Based upon age without previous facial surgeries: 1. Under 35 -  mid face &/or temple lifts. 2. Under 45 - mid face, temple, neck. 3. Under 55 - same as 45. 4. Older Any combination. With all categories addition of fillers, peels, Botox, fat grafts is offered.
Based upon previous FaceLift surgeries: 1. Add a slight additional lift - 2 to 4 sutures. 2. In combination with secondary FaceLifts. 
Please understand we all have had patients request no cutting or scars. The Silhouette Lift offers an alternative temporary solution. More to follow.....

Update: Over 40 cases done on ages from 33 to 72 years. Used from 2 to 16 sutures. VERY impressed results. Plus after 3 months the Scupltra cones cause increased collagen deposition making the results even better!

Update: So there is NO confusion, there are 2 options in the Silhouette Lift Suspension Sutures. #1 Is the original Silhouette Lift sutures which are unidirectional PLL cones with a suture of prolene. #2 Is the Bi-dircetional Silhouette InstaLift Suspension Sutures using PLL cones in opposite directions on an absorbable suture. The #2 is just been released in the USA with FDA approval for mid face suspension. The #s around the world of the cases using this suspension sutures are 130,000+ and counting!!! Results are very good. It MUST be stated this is NOT a THREAD LIFT!!! There are very few certified US doctors offering these suspension bi-directional sutures at present. But training courses are being offered. So more and more doctors will become qualified.
On another note, the technique must be strictly observed. The 'u' insertion technique is incorrect use of these bi-directional suspension sutures. As was shown on the Doctor's Show recently. This "u" placement technique does not last and is NOT recommended. The correct insertion is to take advantage of the bi-dirctional forces. 
Till next time. Regards Dr Darryl J Blinski, MIAMI  

Silhouette In

As a facial plastic surgeon who's passion is facial rejuvenation, I perform a wide variety of facelift procedures depending on the needs, goals, and aging pattern of each individual patient.  In my opinion and experience, The Silhouette Lift is a nonsurgical/minimally invasive tool which can be used to help patients achieve their goals by truly tightening, and lifting drooping volume and skin in the face without incisions. THIS IS NOT THE SAME THREAD LIFT THAT LOST FDA APPROVAL YEARS AGO

Until now, the closest thing to this procedure has been the "skin-only facelift", which is a surgery that I find hard to justify performing. "Skin-only" facelifts  usually require incisions that are similar to a mini-facelift, but without any muscle tightening, so results tend to last a few months to a year. A well performed mini-lift can last 3 years, and in many cases significantly longer.  

To compare the Silhouette Lift to a true facelift of any kind would be unfair to patients and both procedures. I view it as a procedure for patients with mild to moderate looseness of the mid and lower face, without a significant amount of loose skin, who do not have the time to recover from a facelift (about 1 week), are okay with results that can last about 18-36 months, are not open to having incisions, and find that the cost (about $3500-$6000 - which is in the same range as ulthera and thermitight) is worth the benefits. The results are subtle, but visible to both my patients and me. Patients have been happy. The procedure involves injecting dissolvable sutures with "sculptra" cones under the skin to lift the cheeks and lower face. It can be combined with fillers and botox to create an overall rejuvenated appearance. Very often the recovery time is similar to that of a filler (24-48 hours if any at all).  

Although patients may get excited to hear its done under local anesthesia,  those who have become part of my practice know that I perform all of my facial plastic surgeries (including facelifts) under local anesthesia as well, which creates a level playing field when it comes to that part of it.  In the right patients, I have found that the results are worth the time, effort and resources. The procedure is a minimally invasive way of tightening the skin of the face. 

To find out if it's an appropriate procedure for you, I suggest doing your research and seeing a board certified surgeon who regularly performs a variety of different facelifts and nonsurgical facial procedures in order to truly get an unbiased recommendation.  

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

InstaLift By Silhouette

The Instalift treatment is a very simple and easy procedure to give sagging skin a temporary lift. It usually requires between 2 to 5 sutures per cheek and is priced between 1500 and 4000 dollars. It is a good option for patients who do not want or need the open surgical procedures such as a mini facelift or the standard facelift.

The results therefore should not be compared to facelifts but to other nonsurgical methods such as ThermiTight. In my practice , it completed the plethora of non-surgical techniques I offer my patients and I have been happy with results. 

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

High incidence of patient satisfaction in California

We have had excellent short term (less than 6 month) results with the InstaLift, and have performed quite a few of them and are doing 4-5 a week. This is a minor procedure (along the lines of a filler) that, for the first time, actually shifts and lifts the facial structures to a more youthful position without appearing over done. The company's claims (based on their European data) is that the procedure lasts 18-24 months.  I specialize in surgery of the aging face, but provide an integrative approach utilizing non-invasive, minimally invasive, and non-invasive procedures.  This procedure is great for the patient who seeks little or no downtime, and likes a natural restorative appearance. This patient is willing to accept a 1.5-2 year result, but is not ready, or does not desire a facelift.  We have done patients in every age group. While multiple fillers with ultrasound tightening procedures probably come to similar cost, the InstaLift appears more naturally rejuvenating. We have also had good luck with neck rejuvenation using the InstaLift.

Gregory S. Keller, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Instalift

Thank you for your question.  The silhouette Instalift is a minimally invasive procedure that helps to support some of lax facial tissues that onset with aging.  It is one of several options that are available to help address the aging process.  Specifically, it helps to soften areas of the face including the nasolabial folds and the marionette region or the jowls.  Resorbable bidirectional sutures with cones are used to recruit the tissue laxity away from these areas of concerns.  The procedure is done in-office with local anesthesia.  I use this in conjunction with other non-invasive medical treatments such as Injectables, lasers, and other collagen stimulating energy devices.

The silhouette lift

There so many different names out there, just to attract patients to have it done.  These things are scary, and you must be very careful.  Many of these "techniques" are just to pull your money out of your pocket, with very poor results.

So, please try to stay away from these things.

Alberto Arguello, MD
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette lift-worth it?

Thank you for your question.  There are so many branded lifts out there, that it can be very confusing.  The Silhouette Lift is a variation on the thread lift.  The idea is to "lift" the tissue with barbed sutures in a minimally invasive fashion and is most suited to patients with mild aging changes.  The results may last up to 18 months.  In my experience, patients are more satisfied with the results of an actual surgical lift.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Silhouette Lift

There are many lifts in the market. I usually reference a paper by Dr. Peter Adamson comparing the various lifts. It found that the deep plane facelift had the longest longevity of all facelifts, about 7 years in duration for improvement.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

The silhouette soft lift is a great procedure for mid term results

Having been performing facelifts for over 15 years I have adopted the technique in my practice as an intermediate treatment for faces that have minimal ageing signs and in experienced hands you can achieve great results with only a few days of recovery. The results usually last 18 months.

Silhouette lift

A silhouette lift is a form of thread lift. This is a minimally invasive technique that uses suture material to try and resuspend the soft issues of the face. They are marketed as a minimum downtime and recovery with no external scarring but, in my experience, produce universally disappointing and temporary results. 

James Murphy, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon