Can I Get the Same Results of Silhouette Threads with a Liquid Facelift ( with Fillers )?

I want volume and lifting on my face I'm only 28 but my face is very flat, can the liquid facelift help with the same results of Silhouette threads, also can the liquid facelift help with Symmetry and Balance of my face ? Thank you so much for your help!

Liquid Facelifts and Threads and Nonsense.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thread lifts are worthless.  Period.  Do not waste you precious money on nonesense.   The same for fine line lifts, feather lifts, barbed lifts, Russian lifts....all nonsense.   Worthless waste of your money.   Go see a plastic surgeon boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and has major hospital operating privileges.   The liquid face lift is sort of nonsense also.  The word facelift in this context is deceptive.   At age 28, seeking plastic surgery, go to your local university service where the ABPS surgeons you meet are more interested in your happiness than in financial gain.   Also go to a great University cosmetic clinic and get opinions.  The University Dermatologsts can offer help.   At age 28 I wonder if you need anything, but you may.  I have  done many procedures on young people, but ony after careful discussion.  Get many opinions.   Seek consutation with great Dermatologists such as Bruce Saal, MD in Los Gatos., California.  Bruce is one of the brightest derm doctors in the world.  Do your homework.  Truly great doctors will not charge you consultation fees and will see you personally one on one.  Be a hard nosed consumer.  You will be okay.   My best to you,  Dr G Commons.

Silhouete Instalift combines lifting & Volume Replacement

The Silhouette Instalift is an absorbable thread with  micro-cones that is woven beneath the skin of the lower face and cheek to lift mildly lax skin of the cheeks and jaw.  The threads and cones are absorbed over 6 months, as they stimulate your native collagen.  Hence, there is a skin lift, and volume replacement that is maintained for up to 2 years. The upper cheek mound and area below the lids are often flat or sunken from loss of bone, muscle and fat volume. These areas are restored to a youthful appearance utilizing facial fillers such as Radiesse and Voluma. They, too, are absorbed and stimulate you own collagen.  Often, a combination of the Silhouette Instalift and Volume replacement with Radiesse or Voluma is necessary to optimize results.  However, in those who only require volume sculpting of the upper cheeks or orbital hollow, the fillers are an excellent first choice. 

Not a big fan of threads

I love to add volume to patient's faces that need it. It makes a huge difference. I would need to examine you personally, but more than likely, i would recommend volume in a 28 year old before I would recommend any lifting, expecially with threads that don't seem to last long, and can create problems (I've removed several).
Andrew C. Campbell, M.D.
Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

At 28 years old, go for the Fillers!

I see patients of all ages in my practice and my goal is to see them all happy with their results and their investment in themselves. For a 28 year old with concerns about her midface area, I would recommend hyaluronic acid (HA) filler injections to the cheeks for a natural appearing rejuvenation. Although HA products, such as Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm, are not permament products, I tell my patients that I use the potential downside of impermanence as a Benefit to achieve long term natural results for my patients. Our faces change all the time. When we look at photos of ourselves from even 1 year ago - we notice changes. Semipermanent products such as the HA's allow the injections to naturally change with you so that your results are always current and best suited for you TODAY. A permanent product place now may look good now, but who knows how it will look in 5, 10 or 50 years? So enjoy your 20's, enjoy your filler, and we'd be happy to take care of you if you're ever in Dallas.

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and Silhouette InstaLift

I think that adding volume can provide lift depending on which particular product that you are using.  The silhouette lift in someone that does not have a lot of volume wont provide that volume, but one option is a combination of the two treatments.  You can do the silhouette lift and add fillers to replace the needed volume. This may be the best of both worlds and is something I perform quite frequently.  In fact I just returned from China where I did about 10 lectures talking about combining silhouette lift with dermal fillers.

Charles M. Boyd, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette InstaLift™ results should last longer than fillers, but lifts are generally not recommended for a person in their 20s

Thank you for your question. There are several differences between the Silhouette InstaLift™ and a liquid facelift. For instance, the Silhouette InstaLift™ actually lifts the skin of the face and neck using dissolvable threads, whereas fillers can only replace volume with a slight lifting effect. That said, I would not recommend any kind of lift while you’re in your 20s. You will need an in-person consultation with a cosmetic surgeon, but more than likely you would benefit the most from fillers.

Instalift for young patients

Silhouette Instalift is relatively new procedure.  It can give you adequate results, but its not for everyone.  I find it useful for "localized" laxity, rather than overall volumization.  In that sense, young patients might benefit more than older patients.  I would recommend proper consultation with a board certified Dermatoloigist or Plastic Surgeon. 

Chang Son, MD
Englewood Dermatologist

Threads, Sutures, Filler and Fat for my Face.

Thread and Suture lifts re-position the facial skin. Dermal fillers reduce the appearance" of facial wrinkles usually caused by gravity and add volume to areas that need it. Fat provides volume as well and provides a "stem cell" of of the overlying skin.  Improving tone and texture.  

A consultation with a board certified provider comfortable with these and other non-surgical and surgical facial rejuvenation options will allow you to make an informed decision to meet your expectations.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Instalift Provides gentle lifting of the face restoring lost volume and tightening loose skin.

Your question regarding a liquid facelift versus a silhouette instalift poses a common concern.  Volume replacement with fillers used for the liquid facelift helps restore mild volume loss (from natural loss of facial fat pad volume as one ages).  This provides minimal lifting of tissues such as the nasolabial fold (replacing lost cheek volume makes the fold less prominent).  If there is also looseness of the skin, a tightening procedure is necessary.  This is where the silhouette instalift is used to gently tighten loose facial skin (and upper neck).  The lifting is aided by special absorbable cones which provide traction, gently tightening skin.  There is also a volume benefit as your body naturally absorbs the cones and threads.  Depending on ones needs, optimal treatment may actually involve a combination of the silhouette instalift and facial fillers.  If fillers are necessary, I prefer Bellafill if possible due to its longevity.

Each case is different, and a consultation with your preferred surgeon is necessary in order to chosse the best treatment plan for you.  With more severe skin loosenes and volume loss, surgery (facelift-necklift) may be necessary for the best result.

Liquid FaceLift

Thank you for your question. It is hard to determine the best of course of treatment without a photo. Silhouette InstaLift is a minimally invasive procedure that targets the deeper layers of skin on a patient’s face and neck. InstaLift has absorbable sutures that lift and tighten the skin and stimulate collagen as they dissolve over time. Results will continue to improve for up to several months after surgery. A Liquid Facelift helps restore your face’s naturally young and healthy appearance. The treatment uses dermal fillers such as Restylane and Bellafill which help your wrinkles dissipate and any sunken areas of your face. Please make sure to seek treatment from a board-certified dermatologist. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD