Can I Get the Same Results of Silhouette Threads with a Liquid Facelift ( with Fillers )?

I want volume and lifting on my face I'm only 28 but my face is very flat, can the liquid facelift help with the same results of Silhouette threads, also can the liquid facelift help with Symmetry and Balance of my face ? Thank you so much for your help!

Liquid Facelifts and Threads and Nonsense.

Thread lifts are worthless.  Period.  Do not waste you precious money on nonesense.   The same for fine line lifts, feather lifts, barbed lifts, Russian lifts....all nonsense.   Worthless waste of your money.   Go see a plastic surgeon boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and has major hospital operating privileges.   The liquid face lift is sort of nonsense also.  The word facelift in this context is deceptive.   At age 28, seeking plastic surgery, go to your local university service where the ABPS surgeons you meet are more interested in your happiness than in financial gain.   Also go to a great University cosmetic clinic and get opinions.  The University Dermatologsts can offer help.   At age 28 I wonder if you need anything, but you may.  I have  done many procedures on young people, but ony after careful discussion.  Get many opinions.   Seek consutation with great Dermatologists such as Bruce Saal, MD in Los Gatos., California.  Bruce is one of the brightest derm doctors in the world.  Do your homework.  Truly great doctors will not charge you consultation fees and will see you personally one on one.  Be a hard nosed consumer.  You will be okay.   My best to you,  Dr G Commons.

At 28 years old, go for the Fillers!

I see patients of all ages in my practice and my goal is to see them all happy with their results and their investment in themselves. For a 28 year old with concerns about her midface area, I would recommend hyaluronic acid (HA) filler injections to the cheeks for a natural appearing rejuvenation. Although HA products, such as Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm, are not permament products, I tell my patients that I use the potential downside of impermanence as a Benefit to achieve long term natural results for my patients. Our faces change all the time. When we look at photos of ourselves from even 1 year ago - we notice changes. Semipermanent products such as the HA's allow the injections to naturally change with you so that your results are always current and best suited for you TODAY. A permanent product place now may look good now, but who knows how it will look in 5, 10 or 50 years? So enjoy your 20's, enjoy your filler, and we'd be happy to take care of you if you're ever in Dallas.

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette InstaLift or Fillers

As a facial plastic surgeon who's passion is facial rejuvenation, I perform a wide variety of facelift procedures depending on the needs, goals, and aging pattern of each individual patient.  In my opinion and experience, The Silhouette Lift is a nonsurgical/minimally invasive tool which can be used to help patients achieve their goals by truly tightening, and lifting drooping volume and skin in the face without incisions. THIS IS NOT THE SAME THREAD LIFT THAT LOST FDA APPROVAL YEARS AGO.

I view the Instalift as a procedure for patients with mild to moderate looseness of the mid and lower face, without a significant amount of loose skin, who do not have the time to recover from a facelift (about 1 week), are okay with results that can last about 18-36 months, are not open to having incisions, and find that the cost (about $3500-$6000 - which is in the same range as ulthera and thermitight) is worth the benefits. The results are subtle, but visible to both my patients and me. Patients have been happy. The procedure involves injecting dissolvable sutures with "sculptra" cones under the skin to lift the cheeks and lower face. It can be combined with fillers and botox to create an overall rejuvenated appearance. There are no incisions. Bruising and swelling is minimal if any.  Patients drive themselves home. It takes about 30 minutes to perform with minimal discomfort. Very often the recovery time is similar to that of a filler (24-48 hours if any at all).  

In the right patients, I have found that the results are worth the time, effort and resources. The procedure is a minimally invasive way of tightening the skin of the face. 

If the aging pattern is mainly volume related, filler will likely be the best solution. If there is sagging tissue, the the Silhouette lift should be able to help. To find out which procedure is appropriate for you, I suggest seeing a physician who regularly performs a variety of nonsurgical facial procedures in order to truly get an unbiased recommendation.

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Instalift vs Fillers

Thank you for your question.  The Silhouette Instalift is a minimally invasive solution that delivers a great option to patients for whom a facelift surgery is not their preferred approach. There have been several different suture lifts in the past that may have been pulled off the market because due to complications.  The Instalift differs in that the material is resorbable and the suture material actually stimulates collagen as well.  One of the main materials used in the Instalift is the main active ingredient in Sculptra which is commonly used by advanced injectors for facial rejuvenation for collagen stimulation.  In addition, Instalift uses bi-directional cones to reposition the subdermal tissue and facial skin to a more lifted and youthful position.  Over time the implanted sutures and cones also stimulate your own collagen for natural and long lasting results. 

Although the Silhouette Instalift is used to help soften the signs of aging, it can also be used to shape the face in younger patients.  It works by recruiting tissue towards the midpoint of where the sutures are placed.  So if you are wanting to provide more projection and definition in the cheek, they can be used to shift some of your cheek volume to a more desirable position.  I do often use the Silhouette Instalift procedure in conjunction with fillers, and often find I am using fewer syringes to address the patient's aesthetic goals. 

Liquid Facelift

Thread lifts do not last long term.  Fillers can provide temporary volume added to the face and can be used to correct asymmetry.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and certified providers for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have the procedure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Liquid Facelift vs Silhouette Threads

Silhouette threads do not give the same results as liquid face lifting. Liquid face lifting, if done correctly, is a beautiful way to re-contour the face and lift certain sections and pull certain sections. Thread lifts, by their nature, are single vectors and pull in only one direction. They almost never result in a natural look and often do not last. Even in the best hands they often result in a pulled artificial look. Because our faces age in three dimensions and in different areas, a surgical face lift or liquid face lift can address all the areas of change.  This cannot be done with mini facelifts or thread facelifts.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Liquid facelift provides more natural volume than threads

The volumizers- including fillers , fat transfers, and sculptra- all provide a replacement of volume we lose over time. The consensus is they will restore the volume we tend to lose. That is a big reason our skin sags with time - loss of volume.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid facelift better than threads

Suspension lifts such as Threadlifts, Contour lifts, Featherlift, Silhouette lift, are fairly ineffective and very short lasting.  Not the best value for the money spent.  Fillers will provide you a longer lasting improvement for the same cost

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

At age 28 - Lean towards the fillers for facial rejuvenation!

Dear Urbay,

At age 28, it would be unusual for you to be a candidate for a "real" Facelift procedure, as it is unlikely that you have significant laxity and descent of facial tissues to justify the operation.  You are on the right tract considering these minimally invasive modalities, as they are best suited for young patients who are beginning to show signs of facial aging.  As you are complaining that your face appears flat, fillers will probably give you the look you are hoping to achieve.  You might also consider neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, etc), that can give a lift effect around the eyes.  I'd discourage you from the thread type lift procedures, as historically they are short lived, and will leave permanent sutures under the skin which are bothersome for future surgical interventions.

Dr.B

If volume loss is your main issue than liquid facelift is a better option

if volume loss is your main issue then liquid facelift will actually be a better option...you likely do not need lifting but volumizing which is what the liquid facelift does!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD