Can I Get the Same Results of Silhouette Threads with a Liquid Facelift ( with Fillers )?

I want volume and lifting on my face I'm only 28 but my face is very flat, can the liquid facelift help with the same results of Silhouette threads, also can the liquid facelift help with Symmetry and Balance of my face ? Thank you so much for your help!

Liquid Facelifts and Threads and Nonsense.

Thread lifts are worthless.  Period.  Do not waste you precious money on nonesense.   The same for fine line lifts, feather lifts, barbed lifts, Russian lifts....all nonsense.   Worthless waste of your money.   Go see a plastic surgeon boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and has major hospital operating privileges.   The liquid face lift is sort of nonsense also.  The word facelift in this context is deceptive.   At age 28, seeking plastic surgery, go to your local university service where the ABPS surgeons you meet are more interested in your happiness than in financial gain.   Also go to a great University cosmetic clinic and get opinions.  The University Dermatologsts can offer help.   At age 28 I wonder if you need anything, but you may.  I have  done many procedures on young people, but ony after careful discussion.  Get many opinions.   Seek consutation with great Dermatologists such as Bruce Saal, MD in Los Gatos., California.  Bruce is one of the brightest derm doctors in the world.  Do your homework.  Truly great doctors will not charge you consultation fees and will see you personally one on one.  Be a hard nosed consumer.  You will be okay.   My best to you,  Dr G Commons.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Silhouete Instalift combines lifting & Volume Replacement

The Silhouette Instalift is an absorbable thread with  micro-cones that is woven beneath the skin of the lower face and cheek to lift mildly lax skin of the cheeks and jaw.  The threads and cones are absorbed over 6 months, as they stimulate your native collagen.  Hence, there is a skin lift, and volume replacement that is maintained for up to 2 years. The upper cheek mound and area below the lids are often flat or sunken from loss of bone, muscle and fat volume. These areas are restored to a youthful appearance utilizing facial fillers such as Radiesse and Voluma. They, too, are absorbed and stimulate you own collagen.  Often, a combination of the Silhouette Instalift and Volume replacement with Radiesse or Voluma is necessary to optimize results.  However, in those who only require volume sculpting of the upper cheeks or orbital hollow, the fillers are an excellent first choice. 

Jeffrey S. Rosenthal, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

At 28 years old, go for the Fillers!

I see patients of all ages in my practice and my goal is to see them all happy with their results and their investment in themselves. For a 28 year old with concerns about her midface area, I would recommend hyaluronic acid (HA) filler injections to the cheeks for a natural appearing rejuvenation. Although HA products, such as Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm, are not permament products, I tell my patients that I use the potential downside of impermanence as a Benefit to achieve long term natural results for my patients. Our faces change all the time. When we look at photos of ourselves from even 1 year ago - we notice changes. Semipermanent products such as the HA's allow the injections to naturally change with you so that your results are always current and best suited for you TODAY. A permanent product place now may look good now, but who knows how it will look in 5, 10 or 50 years? So enjoy your 20's, enjoy your filler, and we'd be happy to take care of you if you're ever in Dallas.

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid FaceLift

Thank you for your question. It is hard to determine the best of course of treatment without a photo. Silhouette InstaLift is a minimally invasive procedure that targets the deeper layers of skin on a patient’s face and neck. InstaLift has absorbable sutures that lift and tighten the skin and stimulate collagen as they dissolve over time. Results will continue to improve for up to several months after surgery. A Liquid Facelift helps restore your face’s naturally young and healthy appearance. The treatment uses dermal fillers such as Restylane and Bellafill which help your wrinkles dissipate and any sunken areas of your face. Please make sure to seek treatment from a board-certified dermatologist. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Combining fillers with Silhouette works better than either alone

Personally, I don't like using the terms 'liquid facelift' or 'nonsurgical facelift'.  Only a surgical facelift is a facelift.  However, for a younger person like yourself, the distinction may be moot.  I expect that adding a modest amount of filler to lift the midface, improve asymmetries and rebalance the upper versus lower face as needed may be all that you need.  If you have heaviness of the lower face relative to the upper face, a silhouette suture lift or a tightening procedure with ultrasound or radiofrequency may help.  

The key is to pick the procedure based on the doctor -- not to pick the doctor based on the procedure. Get a consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist, plastic or facial plastic surgeon, with an excellent eye, an aesthetic you like and experienced in a breadth of noninvasive procedures.   Discuss your concerns and your parameters for treatment (budget, down time, health, upcoming events) with the doctor and her staff and ask the physican for her recommendations.  And a good physician will let you know if what she has to offer wont provide the results you are looking for and will refer you to someone who does.

I hope this answered your question.  Best wishes.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

No, thread lifts are completely different from face lifts....

The answer is no. Thread lifts are NOT a subsitute for a face lift. At most they last 2 years and give a subtle but noticeable lift in key areas. They can not do what a face lift does, as they dissolve over 18 months to 2 years at maximum. The replacement of volume, and the treatment of skin texture and tone will give you the most natural results. IMO you should see someone who does all these procedures, namely face lifting, thread lifts, and volume replacement to come up with a balanced solution for your face. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Facial flatness is best approached with fillers

Facial flatness is a signal of a lack of volume. There can be secondary sagging as a result of facial flatness, but the first thing to do would be to restore the lost or missing volume.  This will restore the contours of the face best. If there is still a true sagging of the jowls, then you could consider Silhouette threads, which are made of a filler that does have some volumizing effects. However, at such a young age, I would think that having fillers can be used to correct the symmetry, balance and flatness.  In my practice I have reserved the Silhouette for people who have good volume but still have lax skin, especially around the mouth.

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Silhouette InstaLift or Fillers

As a facial plastic surgeon who's passion is facial rejuvenation, I perform a wide variety of facelift procedures depending on the needs, goals, and aging pattern of each individual patient.  In my opinion and experience, The Silhouette Lift is a nonsurgical/minimally invasive tool which can be used to help patients achieve their goals by truly tightening, and lifting drooping volume and skin in the face without incisions. THIS IS NOT THE SAME THREAD LIFT THAT LOST FDA APPROVAL YEARS AGO.

I view the Instalift as a procedure for patients with mild to moderate looseness of the mid and lower face, without a significant amount of loose skin, who do not have the time to recover from a facelift (about 1 week), are okay with results that can last about 18-36 months, are not open to having incisions, and find that the cost (about $3500-$6000 - which is in the same range as ulthera and thermitight) is worth the benefits. The results are subtle, but visible to both my patients and me. Patients have been happy. The procedure involves injecting dissolvable sutures with "sculptra" cones under the skin to lift the cheeks and lower face. It can be combined with fillers and botox to create an overall rejuvenated appearance. There are no incisions. Bruising and swelling is minimal if any.  Patients drive themselves home. It takes about 30 minutes to perform with minimal discomfort. Very often the recovery time is similar to that of a filler (24-48 hours if any at all).  

In the right patients, I have found that the results are worth the time, effort and resources. The procedure is a minimally invasive way of tightening the skin of the face. 

If the aging pattern is mainly volume related, filler will likely be the best solution. If there is sagging tissue, the the Silhouette lift should be able to help. To find out which procedure is appropriate for you, I suggest seeing a physician who regularly performs a variety of nonsurgical facial procedures in order to truly get an unbiased recommendation.

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Instalift vs Fillers

Thank you for your question.  The Silhouette Instalift is a minimally invasive solution that delivers a great option to patients for whom a facelift surgery is not their preferred approach. There have been several different suture lifts in the past that may have been pulled off the market because due to complications.  The Instalift differs in that the material is resorbable and the suture material actually stimulates collagen as well.  One of the main materials used in the Instalift is the main active ingredient in Sculptra which is commonly used by advanced injectors for facial rejuvenation for collagen stimulation.  In addition, Instalift uses bi-directional cones to reposition the subdermal tissue and facial skin to a more lifted and youthful position.  Over time the implanted sutures and cones also stimulate your own collagen for natural and long lasting results. 

Although the Silhouette Instalift is used to help soften the signs of aging, it can also be used to shape the face in younger patients.  It works by recruiting tissue towards the midpoint of where the sutures are placed.  So if you are wanting to provide more projection and definition in the cheek, they can be used to shift some of your cheek volume to a more desirable position.  I do often use the Silhouette Instalift procedure in conjunction with fillers, and often find I am using fewer syringes to address the patient's aesthetic goals. 

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Liquid Facelift

Thread lifts do not last long term.  Fillers can provide temporary volume added to the face and can be used to correct asymmetry.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and certified providers for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have the procedure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS