My eyelid is uneven and it makes me feel ugly

The eyelid on the right side of my face droops more than the left side. I really don't like it and it makes me feel self conscious about myself a lot and I feel really ugly. I really want to do something about it but I don't know what to do.

Not unusual

Asymmetry is normal, and may be improved on with surgery; however, if your goal is to create complete symmetry or you want to do surgery only because of the asymmetry then you may not be the right candidate for surgery.  Please post your photos so that we can give you better recommendations.

Droopy eyelid

Hi. It sounds like you are describing ptosis, but it's impossible to tell without photos. If you actually have ptosis, it can be corrected surgically. Best regards, Ira Vidor, M.D.

Ira Vidor, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical eyelids

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Asymmetry is not uncommon. It always appears worse to the individual than others looking at the person. Most of the time, the problem is correctable. Often ptosis (drooping) or dermatochalasis (extra skin) is the problem. See an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and discussion of treatment plan tailored to your needs.
Good luck,

Self conscious about eyelids

There are many options to address eyelid asymmetry depending on the cause. Photos are necessary to give you advice. 

Chaneve Jeanniton, MD
Brooklyn Oculoplastic Surgeon