Fold on armpit? (photo)

I have a really fold-y armpit. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Direct excision.

The excess can typically be addressed by a direct excision if the excess and closure of the skin. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal recommendation. Best, Dr. Aldo

Fold on armpit?

Thank you for your question.  If you feel that you have some excess skin within your armpit, this can be surgically removed leaving a small scar within the armpit.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Arm lift brachioplasty crescent arm lift arm pit reduction excess arm skin arm pit fat arm reduction arm pit excision

Hi Qandn,Thank you for your question and photo about a fold or excess skin in the armpit.  Based on this picture, if the excess skin in the arm pit bothers you, I would suggest a crescent arm lift or brachioplasty.  A small incision is made in the armpit and an elliptical area of armpit skin is removed.  The incision and resulting arm lift scar goes from the fold just behind your pectoralis muscle to just behind the triceps. The arm lift scar looks like a crescent and therefore, this is why it is called a "crescent arm lift".  When your arm is at your side, this crescent arm lift scar is concealed.  The crescent arm lift takes about two hours to perform.  The crescent arm lift is performed under general anesthesia.  The crescent arm lift is an out-patient procedure.   One to two weeks after a crescent arm lift, most patients are able to return to work.I hope this answers your questions about excess arm pit skin.  If you have any more questions regarding ways to remove excess skin and fat from the arm pit, please call my office.Sincerely,  Dr. Katzen