I am a 67 year old female with deep wrinkles on the left side of my face. The right side is aging normally.

Is there something I can do other than a facelift?

Asymmetrical facial ageing

Asymmetries of the face become more apparent as you get older and often have a basis in the bony asymmetry of the face and bone resorption in the lower outer orbit and maxilla. Hardly anyone has a symmetrical face. External factors such as long distance driving (left side face in sun if in USA of mainline Europe) and sleeping position.
There is no need to have a surgical face lift. An oculoplastic surgeon can assess your face and peri-ocular area and advise on careful use of hyaluronic acid gel fillers to help correct the asymmetries of volume and deep wrinkles. 

Jane Olver
Oculoplastic Surgeon, Clinica LOndon, LOndon

London Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial wrinkles or irregularities

Many patients are irregular or have deeper lines on one side of the face.  Injections like Botox and fillers like Juvederm or Sculptra can improve your appearance.  The asymmetry can be from sleeping on that side or driving in the sun or a lot of other wrinkles.  You can definitely do lasers or fillers and skin tightening procedures that are non-surgical but an in office consultation is necessary to truly assess what is going on.

Botox

Thanks for your question. Botox and fillers can be used to improve the appearance of wrinkles on the face but depends on factors such as skin laxity... You need to an in-person consultation to assess what procedures are necessary given your aesthetic goals. 

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Deep Wrinkles on Face -- Needs Laser Resurfacing and Lasers, Eclipse Micropen and PRP

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience for a facial rejuvenation consultation.  CO2 resurfacing would likely help you most and then fillers and other lasers and microneedling to maintain the results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question.  There are many options, both minimally invasive and surgically, to help with facial rejuvenation.   Though an in-person examination would be best to help guide therapy based on what is taking place, as well as your expected results, a good skin care regimen is a good starting point, with incorporation of an excellent sunblock. Further treatment options include a wrinkle relaxer like Botox, dermal fillers, chemical peels, and laser treatments.  Surgically forehead and brow lifts, as well as facelifts, can all be possible options. See a board certified plastic surgeon who can help walk you through a ladder of possible options from least invasive to most invasive to help you reach your goals 

Treating more wrinkled side of face

It is very likely that the more prominent wrinkles on the right side of your face can be treated without surgery; however, it is impossible to give you specific recommendations without a picture.

Possible treatments include Botox and fillers.

Lawrence Osman, MD

67 Year Old with Deep "Wrinkles" on One Side of Face

It is impossible to answer your question without pictures. Possible treatments include fillers or fat injections, skin resurfacing with a laser or chemical peel, or a facelift or a mini-facelift.

Asymmetric aging and wrinkles

This is a common issue and the best options are evaluation by an experienced board certified dermatologist that can combine the various filler and neuromodulator options. 
I would suggest discussing with board certified dermatologist at the time of a visit.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Depends on the severity

If your wrinkles are deep, facelift is the best answer. You can try a fractional laser as well but it may not work as well on the deep wrinkles.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin Rejuvenation (non-surgical) - Combination of Treatments Needed

The best treatment for skin rejuvenation and prevention depends upon an individual’s skin type, age, ethnicity, sun exposure, and overall health. In order to give you an accurate treatment plan, a consultation is required to properly assess your skin. I recommend  a healthy lifestyle: a diet high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes and fish; eight to ten hours of sleep nightly; limiting alcohol intake other than the occasional glass of red wine; and regular exercise.

An important step for all skin types is sun protection including the use of daily sunscreen, sun hats and sunglasses, all of which help prevent aging and sunburns. 

When it comes to rejuvenating and prevention treatments, a combination of treatments are available including cosmeceuticals (skin care products including ZO® Skin Health or ZO® Medical, Skinceuticals® or Glo-Minerals®), neurotoxins (Botox®, Xeomin®), dermal fillers (Restylane®, Juvederm®, Esthelis®, Belotero®, Emervel®, Radiesse®), skin resurfacing procedures (laser resurfacing with CO2 laser, Er:YAG laser, Fraxel DUAL®, PicoSure® FOCUS Lens Array or OBAGI® controlled depth chemical peel) and other devices such as Ultherapy® can be used. 

These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist