Botox to my massater muscle got rid of my dimples, will they ever come back?

I really loved my dimples and now the gone after having botox. Any chance the will come back?

Botox to Masseters and Change In Dimples

Masseter injections should not change your dimples as dimples are formed from smiliing which are controlled by different muscles than the chewing muscles.  I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in jawline botox injections.  Masseter injections should last 3-4 months.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for massater muscles

Due to the temporary results of Botox, the changes you see should wear off eventually in a few months.

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  As Botox effects are only temporary, in 3-4 months your dimples should return with no further treatments.  If you like the appearance that the masseter muscle injections gave you, try a different pattern of injections on a subsequent treatment.  It may be able to give you the jaw results you are looking for while keeping your dimples.  

Dimples gone after Botox

Botox injection of the massater should not affect dimples but if you feel that Botox diminished your dimples, then avoid any further Botox treatment of that area and you should see the dimples return 3-4 months after the Botox treatment when it wears off.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to my massater muscle got rid of my dimples, will they ever come back

The effects of Botox will last 3 months. Your massater muscle contributed to the formation of dimples.   The effects of botox will will start to wear off in 2-2.5 months.  Rest assured you will see your dimples reappear.  Best wishes

Botox and Dimples

Your dimples comes from facial muscle insertion close to the under surface of the skin.  Although the Botox may have weakened the muscle that normally creates your dimple, it should return as the effect of the Botox decreases with time.

I hope that helps.

Christopher A. Marek, MD
Lexington Plastic Surgeon

Loss of Dimples with Masseter Botox

Botox injection into the masseter muscles for facial/jawline slimming is an advanced treatment technique that can frequently give great results to aesthetically re-balance the shape of a face.  If the Botox that was injected was a more dilute concentration, or if it was not placed in the lower and more lateral aspect of the muscle, it can potentially spread to some of the neighboring muscles of facial expression that would affect your smiling and dimples.  The good news is that this effect is temporary.  Unfortunately though, it will take some time for the treatment to wear off.  It is possible that you may start to notice improvement in your smile and your dimples within a month or two, but the effects can potentially last up to 4 months,.  Best, Dr. Gregory Lewen

Gregory D. Lewen, MD, FACS
Miami Oculoplastic Surgeon