How many units of Botox approximately?

How many units of botox would you say it would take to freeze the corrugator muscles or the muscles between the eyes? I have noticed that my muscles between the eyes have been tense and overactive lately. I'm scared i'll get wrinkles. There isn't a line there yet, but a small crease seems to be forming, so I mainly just need to freeze the muscle

How many units of Botox for the corrugators

Hello JKReighbaum,

The amount really depends on the surgeon's experience.  I recommend starting at 20 units of Botox to the glabella and corrugators if it is someone's first visit.  I have had patient's request less and I have injected 15 units but I am not as happy with those results.  On the other spectrum, I had one patient who on her first injection of 20 units had no response.  I injected another 20 units a week later for a total of 40 units and she had a great result.  At the next visit we went right to 40 units (her second time ever to get Botox).  What this shows is you can never tell exactly how many units a person will need on his or her first injection.  I will go up to 50 units in that area on a few patients.  The best thing to do is to consult with an experienced injector who can go over his or her recommendations for that area. 

I hope this helps and good luck.

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

The amount of botox needed varies with every patient. Starting with 20 units is common, although more units maybe needed to achieve your goals. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox and the Glabella Area

Botox is perfect for treating the glabella area.  The range of Botox units injected depends on the strength and depth of the wrinkles involved.  The amount of Botox ranges from 20 units to a bit more if it is a man with stronger muscles.  If the muscle is weaker than you can use less Botox with "baby" Botox and as little as 10 units.  It is important to find the best physician who is highly trained to get a good cosmetic result.

How many units of Botox approximately?

Hi, I have used neuromodulators including Botox, Xeomin and Dysport for many years.  Each patient's dose is different but we typically start out using approximately 15 units to soften the glabellar wrinkles caused by the Corrugators.  Hope this helps.

Glabellar botox -- 15-25 Units to Start

The average dosing is 20-24U but I have treated people with as little as 10/15 to as much as 60U.  It all depends on the muscle strength, size, male or female and anticipated results (ie brow lifting or just 11 lines). I suggest you see a well trained doctor.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox Dosage for corrugator

To treat the glabellar complex (composed of the two corrugator muscles and one procerus muscle) requires a different amount of Botox for different patients.  In my practice, I palpate the patient's muscles during contraction in this area to get a better idea if they will need more or less Botox to achieve their desired results.  It can take as little as 10 units or as much as 25. 

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Corrugator Dosage

Botox, Dysport, and Xeoman are commonly injected to the corrugators to freeze them to prevent the 11 lines between the eyes.  The dosing in the area depends on a few factors:

1)  Strength of the muscles
2)  Man vs a woman
3)  Aging stage of the patient

Male patients with stronger muscles with more advance stages of aging will need more than a female patient with weak muslces at early stages of aging.  While answers to Botox may seem simple, there are many variables that need to be taken into accound.  The range of Botox I use in my practice in the corregators is 15-35 units.  The average patient will require 20 units.

How many units of Botox approximately?

Thank you for your question.  The amount of Botox needed to achieve your desired appearance will depend on trial and error at a few dosages, depending on the thickness and size of your muscle and how the muscle ends up responding to Botox. On average, I would say between 12 and 18 units would be the most commonly used for the area between the brows.  

Corrugators and botox

I do not charge per unit. I charge per area. But in general, it is somewhere around 10-15 units that usually does the trick, and sometimes more.

How many units of Botox for corrugator muscles?

The amount of Botox needed to treat a given area can vary by patient.  Some need more and others need less.  The usual amount I would use for the corrugator muscles would be about 20 units.  I have used as little as 10 units in some people who do not need as much. If you are just beginning to see a crease form, it is possible that you would not need 20 units and 10 might be fine.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon