Is it normal to have itching after Voluma injections?

Post Voluma Itching Not Normal

No, it isn't. You are probably having an allergic reaction to the numbing cream that was used. If it doesn't resolve on it's own, schedule an appointment to see your surgeon.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Itching

It's not normal to have itching after Voluma. I would suspect it is coming from the topical anesthetic, if they used any.

Itching after Voluma injection

Itching is not common after Voluma injection. It is rare to be allergic to a hyaluronic acid based filler. That being said, it is possible that the topical anesthetic or other creams using during or after the procedure may have caused a reaction. I would followup with your injector if it does not resolve. 

Itching after Voluma

This is not normal and probably not related to Voluma. It is probably a reaction to the topical or other creams placed on the skin during or after the injection. Allergies are extremely rare to Voluma or any of the fillers.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Itching after Voluma

Yes, definitely a possible symptom after Voluma injection. Usually resolves in 1-2 days. Itching is generally a sign that the area is healing. Discuss this with the treating physician if persistent.

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Tenderness, lumps, discoloration and itching are side effects that can possibly occur with Voluma. I suggest that you review the recovery instructions provided by your board certified facial plastic surgeon. Please keep your surgeon's office updated as to your healing process.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Knowing What's Normal with Voluma and Itching

Itching may not be normal, i suggest you speak to your physician.   There may be some swelling which can last 1-2 weeks. Contact your injector if you remain concerned. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your Voluma treatment. Some patients experience itching due to the series of injections typically entailed with Voluma's administration and it typically resolves within a few hours.  If it does not, see your injector for an in-person examination.