I am 23 year old female with 34A slightly conical breasts, what surgery do you recommend? (photos)

Looking to lift my breasts up (more perky), don't care and don't want to increase size. I also have muscle/ extra skin on each outer side of my breasts. This is not due to any weight loss or weight gain. I have always had a slender body frame. Nipples tend to be soft (puffy?). As others have stated, my breasts tend to become more round and full, and nipple more hard and less puffy looking when cold or aroused. Hopefully just looking for a small breast lift. Also, cost estimate would be helpful.

Good candidate for breast augmentation

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well!

You are a good candidate if you have one of the following conditions:

• Self-esteem has decreased or you dislike the small size of their breasts.
  • Not feeling comfortable in a bathing suit or tight clothing in the upper portion.
  • Your breasts have become smaller and lost their firmness after having children.
  • Weight fluctuations have changed the size and shape of their breasts.
  • One of your breasts is noticeably smaller than the other.

I recommend to make an appointment with a Board Certified plastic surgeon, for a personal evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Why would you want the scars of a lift

at your age?  The only difference appreciated is the mild asymmetry of your volume.  Fat grafting could be done to make things more equal in appearances as your overall appearance is really good.  So if you don't really want volume, how about just trying to make yourself as even as possible.  And if you don't have fat, you could consider BRAVA on one side only.

Curtis Wong, MD

I am 23 year old female with 34A slightly conical breasts, what surgery do you recommend?

Thanks for your question and photographs.  I agree with everything stated by the other surgeons and would point out that excess skin can either be removed leaving scars behind or filled with placement of conservatively sized implants.  Though you say your goal is not to be larger, I think adding fullness with a modest to moderate sized implant will help to enhance your aesthetics.  I would also personally be discussing the possibility of a periareolar or Benelli lift to avoid widening of your areolae from your implants added weight and tension on your yes okay thanks him every skin.  This is not mandatory since it will leave a scar.  That is the reason why a face-to-face consultation is essential for you to hear the doctor's recommendations but of equal importance for him/her to hear what your priorities and goals are.  Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Augmentation

You are a good candidate for a properly planned breast augmentation. Tissue based implant selection, inframammary incision, and no touch/funnel delivery of the implant are all important for a low risk result. Go to an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in breast surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Hello, thanks for your question.

You have a normal, attractive breast shape, with minor asymmetry between the two and a generous space (sternum) between your breasts.

I think a small/moderate size implant with peripheral fat grafting would give you an improved aesthetic shape. The important thing is not to do too much, especially in a young women with relatively normal breasts.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Breast augmentation

From these photos, you may get a result you are very happy with by having a straight forward breast augmentation. You will need to be seen in person to determine if a lift is necessary. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area 

#realself  #drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with fat for widely spaced breasts #plasticsurgery

One of the features of your breast anatomy is the distance between your breasts, which is wide. Your breasts have a nice and natural shape overall. I would recommend some fat grafting to improve breast shape and volume. A breast implant will diminish the distance between your breasts to some degree. You do not need a breast lift, in my opinion.

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. Your nipples are above the level of your inframammary fold, so a breast lift is not needed.  A small implant will change the shape of your breasts in a favorable manner.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Happy with breast size, just want a lift.

Let me start by saying your breast look normal in the photos. Your nipples appear low on the front view, but are well positioned on the lateral view. A small lift, like a periareolar or vertical lift can help raise the nipples and decrease the puffiness. The compromise with this is that the nipple may appear a little high on the breast, especially on the side view. If you do not want to increase the size of your breasts, this is likely the best compromise. 

Alternatively, a small, flattish breast implant could be used to raise the point of maximum projection of your breast, and allow the nipple to be lifted while keeping it at the appropriate height for your breast mound. 

Be certain to seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options before setting the plan. Best of luck.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon