After Juvederm Voluma is injected for nose bridge, are we still able to mold the shape during the first few days?

Voluma Moldable for First Few Hours, Not Days

As with all fillers, Voluma is moldable for the first few hours after injection. It is not malleable days later. Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience in fillers. Also, Voluma would not typically be my first choice for the nose. It's a bit too thick. Hope this helps.

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma Is Moldable – But Don't Try It Yourself!

Within the first few hours after receiving a nonsurgical nose job with Voluma, the filler is malleable and can be reshaped. However, this is something that only a board-certified dermatologist should do. Molding of Juvederm Voluma of the nasal bridge is generally done immediately after placement by the treating physician who is hopefully an expert in non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures.  This is a tricky area and there are many blood vessels to be avoided.  I would not recommend you try molding yourself.  The filler is most malleable in the first few hours after treatment.  After that, it is difficult to mold it further and if you press too hard, you may cause a distortion.  Additionally, there may be some swelling initially, which will give you a faulty idea of the nose's final appearance. The best option if you are unhappy is to ice the area for the first few days and then wait 1 – 2 weeks for swelling to subside.  If you are still dissatisfied, please visit your provider to discuss dissolving some or adding more if needed. Please consult with a board-certified dermatologist to find out how to get the most of your nonsurgical rhinoplasty procedure. 

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Nose Job

I use quite a bit of fillers for this purpose but prefer Restylane for this purpose.  You can mold it immediately after the injections but not days later.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for sharing your question.  Voluma is fairly thick filler to use in the nose but can be moldable in the first few minutes after injection.  For a non-surgical nasal improvement I would recommend use of a thinner hyaluronic acid based dermal filler, such as Juvederm Ultra Plus.  Hope this helps.

Voluma is malleable

Thank you for your question perfectwannabe. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. Voluma and other hyaluronic acid fillers are malleable, meaning that they can be molded into the right place. Please follow the instructions given by your doctor for best results. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Thank you for your question. Please consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon and leave the injectable procedure in their hands. Juvederm Voluma is a cross-linked hydraulic acid, making it more viscous and able to last longer. It is currently approved and intended for correction of volume loss in the cheeks, not the nose.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon