RF Microneedling w/PRP vs. Fraxel (non-ablative) procedure? (photos)

I am a 59yr fair skin woman, w/no acne scars. I'm torn between having a Fraxel or the RF Microneedling w/PRP. I know that I would need to have at least 3 Fraxels to see results. - My doctor is partial to the RFM & says I will need only one (1) RFM w/PRP treatment. However, I'm reading that I will need at least 3 FRM''s (w/PRP) to see results? I'm also reading that RFM is painful? Help!

Fraxel v. Microneedling

I find that with either Fraxel or RFM at least three treatments are needed to see results. Most patients tolerate the microneedling very well and say it is a comfortable procedure. Based on the photos I concur with the other doctors that you may benefit from more aggressive therapies and utilize the RFM for maintenance treatments.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Combination treatments work best.

Like Dr Emer, I seldom work with one device, its finding the best METHOD to give you your desired result. As  you have textural changes- wrinkles but most importantly brown pigmentation and sun damage, I would opt for a high density CO2 laser in combination with Microneedling (energy based to stimulate collagen), at the same time I would use PRP. This ensures that your healing times are shortened, but with laser, this also address the superficial component of skin ageing- namely texture. See a expert who has many devices as he or she will often combine treatments to give the best results. Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. (PS. Never forget volume correction - the balance of texture, tone and volume with filers gives the most natural results)

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

I'd do a Combination

I usually recommend a combination of RF treatments and/or ultrasound with microneedling/PRP to get the best results. you are really a candidate tho for a combination of more agressive laser like co2 or erbium, fillers, and botox. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer